Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2008, 02:29 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Is it just me or does anyone else who has this particular model Pace Arrow have a problem with their toilet clogging with paper just below the toilet?

Looking down into the drain pipe at about 18 inches or so the pipe makes a bend towards the street side and many times paper, no matter how little gets stuck and sometimes just will not dislodge.

If so, has anyone found a solution to this problem?
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2008, 02:29 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Is it just me or does anyone else who has this particular model Pace Arrow have a problem with their toilet clogging with paper just below the toilet?

Looking down into the drain pipe at about 18 inches or so the pipe makes a bend towards the street side and many times paper, no matter how little gets stuck and sometimes just will not dislodge.

If so, has anyone found a solution to this problem?
Old 12-07-2008, 07:40 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Use more water and less paper.Fill the toilet with water and flush multiple times. When we first started out we were concerned about using too much water so we ended up with the dreaded poop pyramid. Using the proper amount of water resolved the issue.
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 04:50 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
We had this same problem when we had visitors staying with us for the 4th of July Holiday. A little education about how much water and TP to use solved the problem. In addition, our 2003 37A unit came with a black water rinse system that does a wonderful job at flushing out anything left in the tank.

Bob
Old 12-08-2008, 06:02 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Bob, we have the same bend in the pipe and shortly after we got the MH new we had the TP hangup problem. At first I was thinking there might be a bur or rough edge on the pipe. We started using a little more water and haven't had a problem in a couple of years now.
Pat
FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:54 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the replies. We too have tried using a little more water and less paper. This seemed to work for awhile but it's started to come back and haunt us again.

We bought this coach as a second owner. The first owners only had it less then 3 months. It only had 1200 miles on it when we bought it and 600 of those were factory to dealer miles. I noticed the previous owners had the same problem because some paper was stuck in this spot. I was able to get it clean fairly easily but it's just the idea of it happening that bugs me.

Doesn't it amaze you when manufacturer's put together these things and cause this sort of problem. Makes me wander if they ever check anything out after they make a change.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:25 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
It isn't a make or model specific problem. It's the nature of this type of toilet, you will find posts about most brands if you look.
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 01:45 PM   #8

Same coach same problem! More water cured it.
Good luck.

2004 Southwind 36B
FrankReno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 11:21 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
i had that problem once and cleared it with a 2.5 ft. piece of doweling wrapped in a garbage bag. i wrapped an old toilet paper roll around the bottom of the stick to avoid puncturing the bag. i keep my "poop stick" in the basement should this problem recur.
i flush my black tank 2 or 3 times when i dump it. i use 1 campa clean packet and 1 capful of calgon water softener in the black tank. it keeps the level gauges functioning.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L 5sp allison SW Wa,. Good Sam, SKP. RVM 198 AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. Michelins, TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '21MB GLA FWD on dolly
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:52 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It isn't a make or model specific problem. It's the nature of this type of toilet </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not so... I've owned two other motorhomes and didn't have a problem with this particular plugging problem. I'm not referring to paper once it's in the black tank, it's before the black tank. And it's not the toilet, it's the fact on this particular model of Fleetwood (and maybe others) due to the toilet location above the black tank they had to put a kink in the pipe between the toilet and the tank. If you open the flush valve and look down you see this elbow, or bend, in the pipe, and if you not careful it definitely can cause the paper to stick at this spot.

You can easily dislodge the clogged paper with a water hose and jet stream, but who wants to drag a water hose into the toilet every time you flush.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:03 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We have a 2007 Pace Arrow 38P which has a vacuum toilet and every now and then (when the grand kids are over)the paper will get held up in the bottom of the boal. Takes a lot of water.
offshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:07 PM   #12

we had the paper problem when we had 36b pace