Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2018, 09:05 AM   #15

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Things do break

I have a 2003 Holiday Rambler and just completed a 5300 mile trip. It set in my driveway for 2 weeks after I got back just so I could repair everything that broke or came loose on the trip. Guess I saved $130k by buying it used so shouldn't complain too much.
Scorpion65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2018, 09:20 AM   #16

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanTbird View Post
Just ordered 10 led lamps so there’s no amp draw like the old ind. bulbs.
Kinda frightening that a switch screwed into a wooden opening next to the only exit gets so hot to cook the switch.
I've replaced over 60 interior halogen lights with LED's. Some are cheap Amazon ones and some are $9 ones from M4. All work just fine even with the OE dimmer setup.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 10:24 AM   #17

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanTbird View Post
Just need to vent.
We’ve had this rig for 4 years
Use it 3/4 times a year and last trip out, two nights in Vegas and back to Phoenix it seems every thing I touched BROKE!

My passenger side fuel filler is leaking down into the side lights. (When full)
It’s impossible to fill it without a substantial amount shooting back out and down the side.
It Has always done that! Bad design.

I opened a shade and the cord sprung and I have to tie it up w bungee.

The two drawers under stovetop broke the 4 plastic brackets at the rear of the track. FLEETWOOD WANTS 12.00 each!

The passenger side captains chair foot rest keeps loosing parts under the seat.

My never cold fridge has been completely rebuilt and still gets up to the upper 50s when on the road.

Sat dome looses signal when the sun shines on the right side ( that’s a weird one)

Basement lights cooked the switch at the front door. Replacement switch impossible to find. Found a retro fit but it gets really hot!

I did manage an oil and filter change on the generator so one positive note .

I’m used to dolling out cash at every turn but this is getting a bit overwhelming.

I’m still at mid 50k miles. My extended warranty expires in oct.
me thinks it’s time to move on.
Move on to what and can't think of anything that will keep more of your money in the bank? Those kind of things happen with any of them and especially in it's first year after birth. Difference is that you have a small fortune already spent, whether anything goes wrong with it or not.
Least ways with what you have now, it's well built and to match it with another side radiator model of equal quality, it's gonna cost you dearly.
I'm at Lazydays now and looking at everything, just for druthers. With the coach you have now, it takes approx. $400K to match it, in a new one and that might be questionable.
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
revolution