Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2018, 06:45 AM   #1

05 revolution falling apart around me.

Just need to vent.
We’ve had this rig for 4 years
Use it 3/4 times a year and last trip out, two nights in Vegas and back to Phoenix it seems every thing I touched BROKE!

My passenger side fuel filler is leaking down into the side lights. (When full)
It’s impossible to fill it without a substantial amount shooting back out and down the side.
It Has always done that! Bad design.

I opened a shade and the cord sprung and I have to tie it up w bungee.

The two drawers under stovetop broke the 4 plastic brackets at the rear of the track. FLEETWOOD WANTS 12.00 each!

The passenger side captains chair foot rest keeps loosing parts under the seat.

My never cold fridge has been completely rebuilt and still gets up to the upper 50s when on the road.

Sat dome looses signal when the sun shines on the right side ( that’s a weird one)

Basement lights cooked the switch at the front door. Replacement switch impossible to find. Found a retro fit but it gets really hot!

I did manage an oil and filter change on the generator so one positive note .

I’m used to dolling out cash at every turn but this is getting a bit overwhelming.

I’m still at mid 50k miles. My extended warranty expires in oct.
me thinks it’s time to move on.
AlanTbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2018, 06:59 AM   #2

A 13-year-old RV and things are breaking? Amazing....
Just imagine how you will feel when you buy a newer one and same things happen.
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 07:32 AM   #3

Foretravel Owners Club
UGH! I can relate,
Fridge..Had that exact issues with a Damnetic 1492..... Check to see if the baffles are in place around the burner flame...&&&.... check to insure that there are no cracks or missing pieces to the refer vent cap...Also ours would have a "flame out" going up or down steep grades in the west above 5,000 feet elevation....
We replaced with a residential... cured the whole mess...
Passenger seat... time for lock washers and Loc-Tight.
drawers..cheap parts made of "lowest bidder" plastic is gonna fail..
re-string the blinds...
Fuel issue ..bad designs..
Satellite..... something is reflecting a "light beam" into the sensor head, blinding the sensor..I suspect.
Basement light switch hot... You have an "almost" dead short somewhere me thinks..

Mebbe time to spend the kids inheritance and step up to a next higher class of coach..Provost/Newell/Foretravel/Country Coach.... mebbe? (jst poking fun)
The only thing that continually works on an RV....Is the OWNER.........
It will get better.... the sun shall rise in the East in the morning and the fish are still biting somewhere........
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 09:12 AM   #4

Pretty normal stuff in my opinion. We full time and i always seem to have something that needs attention or replacing. Now if I only used my rig 3/4 times a year, I would condense my issues into that time frame and it would seem overwhelming. Main thing is to just stay on top of everything. Fix it immediately when it fails or stuff will keep piling up fast.

Saddlesore has good advice. What kind of rebuild on the fridge did you have done? New cooling unit? Is the fridge cool in cooler temps and them 50’s when the outside temps are more into the 80s+?
Jake21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 09:40 AM   #5

Although not that uncommon on both old and newer models but I do feel for you still. I have a friend that went through the same thing on a m/h that he paid alot for.
Knock on wood, I've been pretty lucky on all the older ones I have owned, nothing but minor issues with the worst one being my HWH jacks not wanting to retract all the time on the one I have now. Not even that major of an issues just a hassle getting them fixed.

Like Saddlesore said "The only thing that continually works on an RV....Is the OWNER........."
Craig1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 09:42 AM   #6

Foretravel Owners Club
If you are serious about swapping.
Check this one out, Owner just bought a Prevost and needs to sell his former coach.

http://www.irv2.com/rvclassifieds/sh...?product=12902

And his announcement thread...

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/mixe...gs-384713.html
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 09:59 AM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Bought the Magna, on the way home on our first trip the engine broke a valve off in #6. Cost was over $33,000 although Cummins did knock $10,000 off. New batteries, new tires, ,new internal TPMS sensors, needed new satellite controller, repaired control wiring on the main awnings, bought a new controller before I realized it was a wiring problem, support to footrest in shower broke off, a few brass door vatches have broken, replaced the gas cooktop with an induction unit, main slide wouldn't work sometimes, new transfer switch, two new TV's. And the list goes on in my third year of ownership. My 13 yr old Dutch Star haf been far more reliable but I just had to have something newer and fancier!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 10:40 AM   #8

RV's are a lot like we used to say what FORD stood for. Fix Or Repair Daily

I keep a list on my phone for Things To Do. The list keep reminding me of what I need to do to keep the old girl running. I also keep a list of items I have done and the running cost. I currently have 103 things listed, including normal maintenance like oil changes, and I feel we have a great coach! Looking at the OP's list, except for the satellite dome, I think I have repaired all of those things one time or another!
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 11:33 AM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
A 15 year old truck and a 15 year old house..

Sounds like the list of stuff I found when I did my pre-purchase a couple years ago...

However, the MH had good bones and was well built, so its a matter of bringing maintenance up to date and off we go.

SUMMER PROJECTs

replace the rusted exhaust manifold bolts.

Maybe redo a couple double pane windows that leak.

Re-center the steering wheel, again.

Finish the residential frig install and the inverter.
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 12:58 PM   #10

The fridge was recalled and a sensor put on it and it never worked right after. Since then they replaced everything but the box. Cooling unit and even the doors.
I’ve already fixed the drawers ( 4.00 Home Depot brackets ) and the blind and am waiting on my retrofit leds before I tackle the basement lights.
I’m going on vacation in June then putting it up for trade.
Dirt, older prevost, Wunder lodge.
Old 03-30-2018, 01:21 PM   #11

I would check to make sure the fans on the coils are working. Did they replace the thermistor?
Jake21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 06:02 PM   #12

Thermistor was the fist thing replaced and again eventually everything but the actual BOX.
BTW my benchmarks on these sort of issues are the ten airstreams I owned over the years from a 1964 to a 1979 never had issues like this beast.
While working on the slider brackets I noticed they only screwed in the outer holes of the brackets allowing then to twist till they split and broke off.
Old 03-31-2018, 06:37 PM   #13

I replaced my basement light switch and added a 30 amp relay so the switch only turns on the relay that then turns on the light. Look up Digital-Key on Google for replacement switch and relay.
Old 04-01-2018, 08:53 AM   #14

Just ordered 10 led lamps so there’s no amp draw like the old ind. bulbs.
Kinda frightening that a switch screwed into a wooden opening next to the only exit gets so hot to cook the switch.

Tags
revolution