Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2021, 09:00 AM   #1

08 Excursion Drops after leveling. Also Slide issue

After emptying airbags, I level the coach and all is fine - not perfect, but close to . By the next morning it is out of level - leaning to the left rear.
This is NOT hydraulic, but electric worm gear Lippert jacks.
I have wood ramps that I placed under the left rear and then re-leveled. That held. Any ideas?

Slide issue. When I pulled in my left slide it seemed to be slower than the norm. We got to the next location, set it out and it is slightly cocked. Meaning that the part at the front of the coach is tight, and the rear is not by about 1/2", yet when I measured on the outside, it seems to be out evenly.
We are full time and on our way to Escapees Boot Camp in Livingston, so if I need to get it repaired, any ideas of a shop to go to?
Ikeshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2021, 09:31 AM   #2

I have the same leveling system, owned since 2009. The only time I became out of level is when the levelers sink into the millings or whatever base. If I anticipate a problem I throw down 4 multi-layered blocks 12"x12". This has resolved my issues.

I don't believe the electric jacks can move once power is off.

I have not had any problems with my slides so can't help you there.
Old 10-21-2021, 10:30 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayward3411 View Post
I have the same leveling system, owned since 2009. The only time I became out of level is when the levelers sink into the millings or whatever base. If I anticipate a problem I throw down 4 multi-layered blocks 12"x12". This has resolved my issues.

I don't believe the electric jacks can move once power is off.

I have not had any problems with my slides so can't help you there.
I place 16"x16"x1" plywood under all jacks (Learned the hard way first trip out)
We are parked on asphalt this time cement the last. I know that the jacks are screw drive and it makes no sense that they would drop like bad hydraulics, so I am at a loss.
More concerned about being level for the fridge, Only about half bubble out of level, but still...
Thanks for the reply
Ikeshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 10:57 AM   #4

So, they have electric brakes located at the bottom of each jack, power will release them when control panel is turned on. Maybe (Have never experienced this) vibration while moving around coach allows jack to move. Just a guess, bad break?

The problem I have had with the magnetic brake is corrosion, this will lock the whole leg up and removal and cleanup is required to get it back running again.

I agree the screw should not move once powered off.
Old 01-01-2022, 06:26 PM   #5

Make sure the electric brake/clutch leaver is in the correction position. The screw jack will wind down if clutch is not in correct position to lock in.
basketball is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling, slide