Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-27-2020, 01:13 PM   #1

Spartan Chassis
1990 PaceArrow pump module location

Helping a friend fix a non operational water pump. Have determined that it is the pump module that allows the pump to be turned on from several places in the unit. Spent 2 hours looking and cannot find the module. Does anyone have a similar unit and can tell me where to look?
Thanks,
Jay Stevens
Stevens10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-27-2020, 02:16 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

The pump relay (if you have one) will be located on the ground side of the water pump. Follow the 12v negative (ground) wire from the pump to the controller relay.

For a quick test, check the voltage in the 12v+ feed to the pump - it should be available at all times. If you have +12v to the pump but it doesn't run, try making a temporary ground connection for the pump (a jumper to the nearest chassis ground point). If the pump runs, the problem is the ground, probably the controller. If it doesn't run, it's more likely the pump itself. The test should be done when there is little or no pressure in the water lines so that the pump pressure switch sees low pressure and switches on.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 06:30 PM   #3

Spartan Chassis
I think this system is different. It has several momentary switches at various places in the unit. One is in the pump compartment. The switch has a hot side and then sends a hot signal somewhere probably to a latching relay. The ground side of the pump is connected to ground always. I jumped a hot signal to the hot side of the pump and it ran. I think there is a latching electronic module somewhere that switches state each time one of the momentary switches are activated. The wires go into a cavity inside a wire loom, and I have not been able to identify where they go, nor have I been able to find a relay or a module.
Stevens10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 05:33 PM   #4

Module does control ground to pump.

Richard

Tags
ace, cat