Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2014, 10:17 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
1993 Pace Arrow 33' - bizarre plumbing problem

This really has me puzzled. When connected to city water, the gray water tank seems to fill up much more and faster than it should. For instance, just washing some dishes and the gray tank went from 1/4 full to 3/4 full. I've checked for dripping faucets and found none. I found a plumbing diagram for a '89 PA in the forum and it seems to pretty much match my layout. There is no direct connection between fresh water and gray, so I can't understand how the gray tank could be filling so quickly.
billr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2014, 10:29 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Is the coach new to you? Possibility it could be a wrong sensor connection at the tank from a previous repair. The Lavatory sink, shower and Kitchen all drain to the grey tank (just so you are aware). There could also be some debris clinging to the tank sensors, dumping a bottle of dish soap into a 1/2 tank of water and a stop and go drive could clean it up.
Old 09-29-2014, 12:07 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockx View Post
Is the coach new to you? Possibility it could be a wrong sensor connection at the tank from a previous repair. The Lavatory sink, shower and Kitchen all drain to the grey tank (just so you are aware). There could also be some debris clinging to the tank sensors, dumping a bottle of dish soap into a 1/2 tank of water and a stop and go drive could clean it up.
It is relatively new to us -we've had it a couple of years, but rarely used it until now. I did check kitchen, shower and lav for drips.

I don't think it's a sensor issue because I've drained the tank and there really is a lot of water in there. This happened once before and I know it was full because there's a small crack or leak somewhere near the top of the tank because when the tank is really full, it flows into the storage compartment on the passenger side - and that occurred. :-(
billr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 01:04 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sorry you have not drawn more comments on this, I do have a couple of more thoughts.

I really can't think of any reason for a direct water connection to the waste tanks other than the possibility of a rinse connection having been added to the tank(s). An open or faulty valve on city water pressure could certainly create the problem you are describing. There is also valving for draining the water system and adding anti freeze to the system, but I doubt the waste tanks are involved, I don't live in a freeze area so I have never messed with it. Your next trip out you may want to try using just the fresh water tank and pump, getting the city water out of the equation.

One other thought would be just plain water usage, we "semi boon-dock" for 2 weeks every summer in Indiana and the grey water was a constant problem until the Mrs. finally got into water conservative showers, and we used more paper plates and common sense. It is amazing how fast the grey water can fill-up.

Link to owners manual http://fleetwoodrv.com/partsandservi...PACE_ARROW.pdf

Tags
pace arrow, plumbing