Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2015, 05:55 PM   #1

1994 Bounder

I am thinking about buying a 1994 Bounder anyone have any advice on them? Any common issues / problems
rode62cliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2015, 07:56 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
I have a 93 M32H and I love it. Anything that is 20+ years old is going to have problems tho.
GraySeal65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 08:51 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rode62cliff View Post
I am thinking about buying a 1994 Bounder anyone have any advice on them? Any common issues / problems
We had a 95 before we purchased our current class A. Most of our problems were related to long term storage, such as old tires, old belts, old fluids, etc. One issue the we had to contend with was shot front springs, which fro. Seeing others on the road must be a normal thing for that age. Springs are cheap though.
Old 07-27-2015, 05:16 PM   #4

I own a '93 Bounder, which I bought new. Very few problems at all, nothing major and it was not stored under cover in the wet PNW. The interior has held up spectacularly, never had any cabinets or fixtures rattle loose and everything inside is original equipment. Mechanically it has had fewer problems than some of our other vehicles. Ours is built on a Chevrolet chassis.

Kevin
Steady_Rest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 07:15 AM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Dunno if you've made your purchase yet or not but we had a '93 Bounder and had no major problems. For a 20 year old vehicle there are few "common" problems. At that age weird issues can and will pop up. I guess the biggest mechanical issue we had was leveler issues. Other than that we liked it enough to get a newer Bounder.

Good luck.

LSC9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 10:56 AM   #6

Not sure if OP has purchased yet but in mid 2014 we found our '94 34J for sale on CL. With only 3350 on the odometer ad 22 hours on the 7000 generator it certainly had no been used by the original owner though stored under cover. I think we are the first ones to ever use the stove, shower etc .

Beautifully remodeled we did have concerns because it had so little use. We had to buy new tires, but now having 9300 miles, its has been a great motor home for us. We have upgraded some plumbing fixtures and had to replace the generator starter as well as new coach batteries, but its in great condition.

All that said, we will be looking to upgrade in 2016...someone will get a great low mileage starter motor home.
Wbonsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 10:55 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have a 99 bounder. They are great coaches. Mine had more wear and tear than many older than it, mostly due to neglect. With some long overdue TLC (and a few new parts here and there), it turned out to be quite the unit. I will love this bounder until one or both of us die lol
superk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 08:21 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rode62cliff View Post
I have a '93, purchased last September 66k miles. We've had a few age issues: rear main seal in the Cummins diesel started leaking, the fuel cutoff solenoid failed, the levelling hydraulic pump is leaking out into the pump motor (have a new pump off ebay on the way). We also have had a few neglect issues: tie rod ends and drag link needed replacement which I'm attributing to not being greased occasionally. The genset oil had probably never been changed - the oil filter still had OEM paint on it. I've changed that oil once and will probably do it again shortly - I wanted to run it a bit with clean oil to rinse the dirt down before changing again. Oh, and the lift pump for the genset was bad - it worked fine until I changed the fuel filter but then couldn't recover from the air in the line. A new lift pump fixed things up. Also, I replaced the water heater - originally a gas only heater with a "hotrod" electric heater, I replaced it with a gas and electric water heater - we have plenty of hot water now. The dash A/C doesn't work - I haven't tackled that one yet.
mckinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 08:26 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
I forgot to mention that the water pump and several of the drain valves in the wet bay were all leaking. I replaced basically the whole christmas tree in the wet bay with new valves and water pump. I used a MUCH higher flow water pump. The jury is still out on that one - it draws so much current it dims the lights when it comes on.

Basically anything rubber - like any o-rings or seals - are going to be showing their age and failing one by one.
mckinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 08:43 AM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
If the price was right and you are content to do repairs that you can do then it was a good deal. Last year we sold our '93 32 footer for $9K. Our dash AC didn't work and the levelers were not perfect. They worked but required coaxing and understand of how they DID worked versus how they should have worked. None the less we enjoyed it and enjoy our '01 now.

LSC9901 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder