Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2021, 04:32 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax.Treeman View Post
live in Jax .Fl. i called my tire man when i saw price ya`ll paying for tires. he quoted me 310.00 per ire, 40 installation +tax.. that`s $2275.00 FOR 6 INSTALLED...
What kind of tires......you didn't say. There's a guy out in Orlando selling Chinese no name tires for $200 each, mounted. But I don't feel like being the TEST dummy.
tompands is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2021, 04:42 PM   #30

OK, it's been a long day working on this thing. Scrubbed her down first thing this morning. She looks a whole lot better. Put all new LED markers across the front. Replaced all rear bulbs with LED. Went up on the roof for the first time and was pleasantly surprised. Roof looks awesome. All seals look good, no cracks. Above the refrigerator is a oblong roof vent that needs replaced. And both Coleman A/C shrouds need replaced, only I cant see the models numbers on either unit. If anybody knows what they are, please advise. A picture of that oblong vent cover would help also. Mines completely gone. Otherwise all is good up there. Gonna clean it tomorrow. Just wanna say you guys are awesome and loads of help, Thank you. I really appreciate it.
Old 09-05-2021, 10:26 AM   #31

hes been shoeing my vehicles for 27 years,,,25 ton crane,16 ton dump trk.35 ton loader trk.14 ton bucket trk. never a problem yet.same tire at RV store 75% higher,and most of mine are goodyears.
Jax.Treeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 05:34 AM   #32

Ok, got my new tires put on yesterday. $2450 was a little better then I was first told. New TOYO's M154's look good. Now I'm going to tackle my fuel gauge issue. The day I brought this RV home The low fuel light was on. I pulled into a station to fill it up and it only took $40 in fuel which was about 12-13 gallons. Gauge never moved. I'm assuming it's the sending unit and will be the first thing I attempt to replace. Has anyone ever tackled this Job? Any tips or advice? My 2nd thing I want to go after is the Dash AC. Sometimes it comes on but most times it don't. I noticed yesterday, when I pushed the dash button on the dash AC controller, It sounded like a electrical "pop". So, I'm thinking the controller is shorting out inside. Good luck to me, trying to find one of those controllers. Any advise is appreciated.
Old 09-13-2021, 06:22 PM   #33

Here are the Onan Generator files for your generator I have.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Generator (2).JPG
Views:	73
Size:	322.6 KB
ID:	342978   Click image for larger version

Name:	Generator Diagram .jpg
Views:	79
Size:	154.5 KB
ID:	342979  

Name:	Generator Diagram Brushes 8-13.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	307.3 KB
ID:	342980   Click image for larger version

Name:	Generator Diagram Brushes 8-14.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	318.6 KB
ID:	342981  

Name:	Generator Fuel Diagram 6-30 .jpg
Views:	52
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	342982   Click image for larger version

Name:	Generator Fuel Filter 6-32.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	158.9 KB
ID:	342983  

Name:	Generator Trouble Shoot 8-6.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	243.4 KB
ID:	342984   Click image for larger version

Name:	Generator Fuel Regulator 6-31.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	161.9 KB
ID:	342985  

Name:	Generator Trouble Shooting 7-15.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	270.7 KB
ID:	342988   Click image for larger version

Name:	Generator Trouble Shoot Index.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	342989  

2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 11:52 AM   #34

tompands, I have a 97' discovery as well. generator is propane. had to get new tires on her, set me back about $4k to get Michelin's once installed.

I've done a number of things to it and the owner before me did many modifications as well. recently the fridge died and I went in with a residential unit (smaller than most house size fridges but larger than most dorm fridges).
97discoTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 10:18 AM   #35

I had the same coach and loved it. I drove it for 7 years never had any problems with the coach or house really on anything. No slides not much to break. The genset was also propane, the oil filter had an adapter that leaked and I did have to remove the gen set to get to it and replace the gasket but that was it. You got a great coach. RV Salvage can help with obsolete parts sometimes.
Jimfh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 10:21 PM   #36

Gen set..

I have a 2000 37v, no slide for Genny.
Must drop her out bottom for major
Maintenance, Sorry...
SherryeDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 03:54 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97discoTX View Post
tompands, I have a 97' discovery as well. generator is propane. had to get new tires on her, set me back about $4k to get Michelin's once installed.

I've done a number of things to it and the owner before me did many modifications as well. recently the fridge died and I went in with a residential unit (smaller than most house size fridges but larger than most dorm fridges).
Always good to hear from another owner. I'm waiting for my fridge to take a crap. It still works for now. Only on electric. Gas wont fire. Actually got the ice maker to work the other day. What size did you get for replacement? Does it fill the hole where old one was? What other mods have you done to it?
Old 12-08-2021, 03:13 PM   #38

I had this exact coach. I bought it used for 52k in 2002 drove it for 6 years and loved everything about it and sold it for 44k. Never had a single problem that I remember. 12+ trips over 2,000 miles each and another dozen shorts.
Jimfh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 03:31 PM   #39

Discovery

On your refrigerator not working on gas you might try searching on YouTube. There are a lot of DYI tips on this. I had a domestic that did this and it was the mother board. Other things could be an issue though like igniter, gas orifice dirty or gas valve. Some pretty good trouble shooting though. Travato John
jl.kauai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 07:22 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompands View Post
Ok, got my new tires put on yesterday. $2450 was a little better then I was first told. New TOYO's M154's look good. Now I'm going to tackle my fuel gauge issue. The day I brought this RV home The low fuel light was on. I pulled into a station to fill it up and it only took $40 in fuel which was about 12-13 gallons. Gauge never moved. I'm assuming it's the sending unit and will be the first thing I attempt to replace. Has anyone ever tackled this Job? Any tips or advice? My 2nd thing I want to go after is the Dash AC. Sometimes it comes on but most times it don't. I noticed yesterday, when I pushed the dash button on the dash AC controller, It sounded like a electrical "pop". So, I'm thinking the controller is shorting out inside. Good luck to me, trying to find one of those controllers. Any advise is appreciated.
Just purchased a 1999 discovery 37v 2 months ago my fuel gauge was showing 1/4 full ,went to fill the unit up it only took about 10 gal. What have you found the problem was
Old 12-24-2021, 11:18 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompands View Post
... I'm waiting for my fridge to take a crap. It still works for now. Only on electric. Gas wont fire. Actually got the ice maker to work the other day. What size did you get for replacement? Does it fill the hole where old one was? What other mods have you done to it?
Just saw your posts. Do not have a Discovery, but a 1996 Flair. Fleetwood in the Era of John Creen was very straight forward. He built quality RVs.

Regarding the refrigerator only working on electric.

As others have said, clean the chimney flue, check the main board, and the ignitor. If the propane has been off for a while, it will take some time to purge the lines. We often use the gas stove burners to know when the lines are full. Then we turn on the refrigerator.

If you determine if the board is bad. (Check for 12+ and ground obviously first.) Dinosaur Electronics have boards available.
https://www.dinosaurelectronics.com

Regarding the awning, Fleetwood use A&E in those days.

Regarding Visone: My experience was good. Can not say their prices are cheap, but they had some hard to find trim exterior basement door trim for me.
Old 12-25-2021, 09:57 AM   #42

When I had my 1997 Discovery, I dropped the propane generator for repairs and I found a wire bundle behind the generator had been pinched when Fleetwood originally installed the generator. I remember fixing two wires using a butt splice, but don't remember what if anything they went to.

Could be some of the fuel tank sending unit wires go behind the generator?
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, discovery, fleetwood