Originally Posted by Flee2thewood
Where did you get replacement fabric for ceiling, as it looks like the same material we have. Although I have considered replacing it with a lightweight wood paneling of some sort.
I never did replace the fabric for the ceiling. I cleaned up the front most vertical panels up as best as possible with carpet cleaner. The stains were mostly covered up.
Here is the bunk floor after applying contact cement to the floor. Using sticks to support the luan panel that also has contact cement on it. Probably was drying at this point and the fumes were horrible. Never had great performance out of water based contact cements.
Here is the bunk after gluing down the luan paneling. I did use some filler compound and sanding to level out some seams. You can see in the front where the wood furring strips were. As I remember, the lower strip was attached with some angle steel using self drilling screws into the aluminum framing (see the rust stain). I believe that the upper wood strip was just screwed into the wall frame aluminum.
The "box" area at the front was then rebuilt with luan, and screwed to the furring strips. This covered the stain. The storage area on the passenger side was built with plywood. Then all of the surfaces were covered in white plastic laminate with contact cement.
For reference, here is what I started with. We did not have a TV cabinet on the passenger side. There was a split foam cushion that laid on the pull out bunk, that would become flat when extended. The pullout panel and cushion were reused. I lowered the TV stand panel, and raised the storage compartment a bit in the rebuilt version.