Welcome to iRV2
Sorry your first post is about problems .
I have to ask ; because I can tell from your pictures ; past the damage is the wire the same purple color ?
From what I can see it appears that the damaged area is a soldered joint to extend the wire , and perhaps not a 100% good connection that overheated to burn of any tape insulation .
Can you test the wire to see when it's live ?
EDIT: A second thought ... I always have them . I believe that one of this style crimp connectors with shrink insulation was in use and over time the poor connection overheated and the insulation melted off.
Partially because the eyelet connection on the purple wire at the relay stud appears to be of the same type .