Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2014, 07:12 PM   #1

1999 FW Pace Arrow Vision Kwikee step probs

So my steps wont work at all...Any ideas? Kwikee electric steps 32 sereies
JAFORV2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2014, 09:13 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFORV2012 View Post
So my steps wont work at all...Any ideas? Kwikee electric steps 32 sereies
Here's 3 ideas, (listed in order of "ease of repair").
1.) Blown fuse?
2.) Bad ground connection?
3.) Bad electric motor?

Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 10:20 AM   #3

Gulf Streamers Club
I suggest you look for a troubleshooting guide here:
System Lookup - Power Gear

Be aware that if you crawl under to test connections, the steps can jump out and bite you! Be very cautious and don't insert any body parts into the path they might travel.

Many issues arise from the reed switch and magnetic trigger on the door. The underneath connector that plugs into the step control board is another area for corrosion and bad connections.

If you decide the motor is bad, do a search on iRV2, the motor is available MUCH cheaper at an auto parts store, it's commonly used in auto electric windows.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 10:41 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

What are the symptoms? Do you hear the motor at all?
Old 05-17-2014, 11:44 AM   #5

Got nothing, was working before I had issues with the hydro lifts, fixed that problem, now my steps wont work? No noise , trying to find where the fuse is so I can check that any ideas? thanks by the way
Old 05-17-2014, 11:46 AM   #6

Any ideas where the fuse might be: 1999 pace arrow vision, 37, gas
Old 05-17-2014, 12:52 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

According to the manual for your RV, "the 12 volt chassis fuse panel is located under the driver's side instrument panel. Additional fuses may be located under the hood or in 12-volt power leads on the related equipment." Here's a link to your manual... http://fleetwoodrv.com/partsandservi...ROW_VISION.pdf
Old 05-17-2014, 01:46 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I have a 1999 HR endeavor had same problem Kwikee upgrade kit (which I had installed) replaces switch, motor and clutch. works like a charm. I struggled with switch problems etc. for quite awhile.
Old 05-17-2014, 02:55 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If you determine it is the motor it is the same as a Ford Taurus driver door window operator late 80' early 90's take the old one with you, under $50 at Advance Auto and others.

Are the steps up or down, had you observed and "jerky" movement?
Old 05-19-2014, 06:40 PM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
I used to work on Pace Arrows. The step fuse is in the battery control center under the hood. They are clearly marked step. This is the black box directly in front of the driver.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:29 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have a 99 pace arrow and just had the same problem, the fuse is under the hood in front of the driver. Its a 20 amp fuse inside the box clearly marked on the inside cover to the fuse box. I pulled it out to check it and it was good. I put it back in and the steps started working again. I think it was a bad connection or corrosion on the contact points for the fuse. Cleaned them up a little and have not had any trouble since. Hope that helps, Jeff
pickinon5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kwikee, pace arrow