RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-05-2020, 05:35 PM   #1

1999 Pace Arrow Inteli Power

I have a Pace1999 Arrow and I just checked the power. The batteries are up, if I plug in on 110 the microwave works but I noticed that the coach battery voltage does not change . I understood that the 110 should be charging the coach battery throw the Inteli Power PD9155 inverter. Can anyone tell me:
1) Where I can find the PD9155?
2) If it should be charging the battery. The coach battery is 12.40V

Thank you

Waggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2020, 01:02 AM   #2

Answer

I have found the Inteli Power PD9155 in the smallest storage area below the kitchen table screwed on the roof area. There is a 110 V cord running from it that you can see when you open the luggage door.

Old 06-06-2020, 05:24 AM   #3

Its a converter, not an inverter.

Check the outlet that the converter is plugged into. If the outlet is not working, check EVERYWHERE for a tripped GFCI outlet or possably a tripped circuit breaker.

If the outlet is good, check the converter. It should have 2 fuses plugged into it.

If fuses are good, there may be fuses on the fuse panel that are bad.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 07:55 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
On my 1998 Pace Arrow, the converter is in the first storage compartment in front of the wheels on the drivers side. Check voltage to chassis battery. If the chassis battery is being charged and the house is not, the problem is a relay in the battery control center. If neither is being charged it is probably the converter.
Old 06-06-2020, 08:14 AM   #5
Senior Member - DIYer

Ford Super Duty Owner
Assuming your 12 volt system and BCC are similar to mine.

When plugged into shore power, the converter should be providing voltage to the coach and its systems. Voltage should be greater than 13.2 volts, if its a single stage converter it'll probably be 13.6 volts.

If the coach battery voltage (measured at the battery) isn't going up when plugged into shore power, there are three possibilities:

1) The coach battery disconnect solenoid isn't making contact, either its not turned on (connect) or the solenoid is bad.

2) The circuit breakers inside the BCC are popped. Open up the BCC, the two small breakers are located in the lower left side, press their reset buttons.

3) The converter is bad, or not getting 110 volt power. The converter is like a battery charger, when plugged in, it supplies 12 volts to the coach and also charges the batteries.

Below is a hand sketch of the 12 volt system in my Southwind. Yours should be the same, maybe. Refer to the sketch:

Your converter is on the left side (Mine is a APC-55). It sends 13.6 volts to the coaches DC distribution / fuse panel. (under the frig)

From the fuse panel, it connects to the BCC. Inside the BCC it goes through two 30 amp breakers. BCC is under the engine hood.

The breakers connect to one side of the disconnect solenoid.

The other side of the disconnect solenoid connect to the coach battery.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12VoltDistribution_OEM_800.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	288444  

It won't do MACH 2, but I can get a sandwich and take a pee.
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 03:22 PM   #6

It is coming!

I have checked the Converter and all seems to be OK. It is putting out 13.47, but the coach battery does not seem to care!
I believe I have found the BCC. The top of the label is missing but it says GAS F72-1020. It looks complicated! Will try to research it a little and the fix it!

Thanks everyone for your input. It is much appreciated!
Old 06-06-2020, 04:12 PM   #7

Look for a fuse or small breaker near the battery. It will be on one of the smaller battery wires.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 05:13 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
it says GAS F72-1020.

Yes, that's an RV Custom Products Battery Control Center. It usually has some fuses - make sure none are blown. It also has circuit breakers, usually two, and the house batteries won't charge if they are tripped. Depending on the model of BCC, those push-button breakers are usually located at the side edges.

Your coach probably also has a House Battery Disconnect relay. The batteries won't charge if the disconnect is off (battery disconnected).

Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1999, ace, pace arrow, power