Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2010, 08:46 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
1999 Pacer-Flush problems

I have a '99 Pace Arrow 34N.
For some reason when we use the head and flush the TP plugs the downspout.
I have looked down the discusting thing' with a flashlight' trying to see the path but it appears there is a 90 degree elbow or a P trap, can't tell.
My other Pacer had a straight drop and relyed on the seal to keep the smell down.
It appears that the 50 gal. holding tanks were replaced at sometime or the other, I have no paperwork. All I know is they replaced the 50s with 25 gal tanks and built a 2x4 frame to hold them up.
Camping World quoted me the price of a new coach to correct the tanks, and they would not commit to why things plug up.
When we travel the first thing we load is the plunger.
Anyone have a problem like this??
Larry & Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2010, 08:54 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi larrygrandpa,
Sorry to hear of your flushing concerns, wondering how long you have had this problem. Every since you owned it? That sounds like a very unusual black tank configuration.

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:45 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
John,
I bought the rig used and they would not let me make a deposit so I could test it.
I found the Pace Arrow spec's on the mfgr. site-it said the rig came with 50 gal. tanks, black and grey.
It just is a pain to deal with.
Larry & Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:55 PM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I always believe the factory stock set up should be used. No idea why someone would change out the black tank with 2 tanks. I would try some MH wrecking yards, maybe a used stock set up can be obtained.
Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:43 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
[QUOTE=larrygrandpa;752607]John,
I bought the rig used and they would not let me make a deposit so I could test it.
******************************************** Who is it that you were dealing with that would not let you test it ? Such an expensive lesson. The best option would of course try and replace with the original design 50 gal tanks. Good luck,
David G.
justimagination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:27 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

The stock system would have no more than a 45 degree bend in it and usually are a straight drop. If yours has been modified and a 90 added, well, that's the problem. Best I can suggest is to replace the tank with the original (not terribly expensive if you can DIY) or modify the existing tank with a new hole so that the waste can drop straight in. But since you probably have to remove the tank to do that anyway, may as well replace it.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote