Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2005, 03:40 PM   #15

I suppose that I didn't know what I was doing when I got FW to replace one stress cracked windsheild on the left and a right side one that was out at the bottom by 1/2". They did it, replaced the glass on both sides(shipped it from Pa. not buying it locally), and did so without charge to me. Not one dime. On a coach that was 3 years out of warrantee. The lowly Customer Service Rep that you don't seem to think much of that I spoke to ,(and gave you his name in an effort to help you) was the one responsible for all of this.
That was just a minor issue, though - yeah minor - a badly cracked windsheild, and the other one coming out of the body.
As I stated before, I'm on my 3rd FW MH, and have had slide motors upgraded, defective slide toppers replaced, and a few minor problem taken care of with no major arguements.
You are assuming too many things about what I have had to deal with.
I still maintain that there is a problem at the dealer level. I'd ask for the name of the Area Rep, and try that. But I don't know what I'm talking about, I've only had minor problems. Kepp up your approach, and continue to do as you said - "as i said i spoke in a well manner", and I'm sure you'll get somewhere.

2005 Revolution LE 40E
Steve Val is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2005, 04:26 PM   #16

as i explained before the dealer where it was bought is kind of out of the picture, we bought it in az, and do a lot of traveling, we hve not even been back to that dealer, since the first repairs were started. that was one of the reasons for buying the fleetwood because we figured it was the largest and would not think we would have a problem getting things fixed at any dealer, since we knew we would be on the road alot. why can't a company just stand by there product no matter where you buy it, especially this type of item, it is made to travel and that is what we do, we do not have the luxury of being around the corner from the selling dealer, and again why should that matter. its under warranty, just fix it. thats not that difficult. why should any buyer have to kiss you know what to gets something done, we are the ones that paid big bucks for these things.

triple slide
joelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 04:56 PM   #17

I'm not referring to the selling dealer - I'm talking about whoever it is that you're working with now. If they don't support you, or contradict what you tell FW, you're in trouble. The problem is that you speak you a Customer Service Rep in Ca - FW headquarters. The dealer talks with Dealer relations in Indiana. If your dealer can't communicate with Indiana, you have a problem. Ask the dealer for the Area Rep's name and phone number. Talk to him. There's a reason why nothing's being done, and I'm willing to bet that the dealer has a lot to do with it. I've seen dealers purposely refuse to do work, or drag their heels and blame the manufacturer, and after a while, casually mention that they will consider your rig in a trade for something else. A slide leak is not rocket science. There's no reason for it taking any time to get the warranty work approved. I understand you aggravation at this. Lets's try to get it fixed. E-mail me privately if you want.

2005 Revolution LE 40E
Steve Val is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 02:26 PM   #18

Hi, Joelyn:

I can't believe all you've been through. Maybe someone else's experience with Fleetwood was not as difficult as yours, but this certainly doesn't minimize all you've had to deal with.

We have a Fleetwood too, with some small problems, but fortunately, our dealer, Lazydays in Tampa FL, has taken care of everything. This same dealer has had many complaints waged against it, but we consider ourselves very fortunate that we haven't had the kind of problems you describe. We know folks who have though and sincerely sympathize with you.

Best wishes to you, and hopefully, you'll find the right "guy" to speak with who will help to resolve your problems.

Cheri
Florida Boomer
Cookestwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 05:13 PM   #19

[thanks cookestwo, but we have been through all the channnels and be believe me, fleetwwod could care less yes they are the biggest and when things gon good they are pround. but when you get a lemon thats when you see how good a company is. and as of now fleetwood has been a factory that has left there consumer in the cold. if there was a storline line here i would love to tell you. if any one is out there that needs a story about a big buss. that screws the little guy, contact me. because they gave us a real royal screwing.

triple slide
joelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 01:17 PM   #20

I also have had nothing but poor cusomer service from F/W. When the toilet would clog I was told that is the way it is designed and good luck.

<sub>(Edited to remove the flaming comment regarding another member.)</sub>
rvmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 05:37 AM   #21

I also have had many problems with fleetwood. dealt with a costumer rep who made all kinds of promises but never followed thru.
retired now is offline   Reply With Quote