RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2019, 04:53 PM   #1

American Coach Owners Club
2000 Eagle Hydraulic Fan controller

we just left home today to go on vacation in South Carolina.
We were almost at end of day somewhere in GA, and I hear a noise from engine area. stopped and opened engine hatch and front of engine is covered in what turns out to be hydraulic fluid.
Put some fluid in to get to RV park and can now see the fluid seems to be leaking out of side of Hydraulic Fan controller -- cummins ISC 350.

Will talk to local diesel repair person in morning but have my doubts about that.

Maybe if leak is slow enough I can just stop and refill along the way and deal with it in next two weeks in South Carolina.

I did however loose the several gallons in the tank reasonably guickly.

2000 American Eagle -- Cummins ISC -- lift pump type
Anyone know this hydraulic fan controller part ???---
rebuild ??
new???
source??

I can call Fleetwood tomorrow and see what they say also.???
I have read online here a lot about the "wax" fan controller but any pictures in threads do not seem like mine.

thoughts.
Sitting in RV park tonight and will decide action first thing in morning

thx Dale
Dale70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2019, 07:31 PM   #2

American Coach Owners Club
Well to close my own short post -- here is the conclusion

After looking at the priority valve the leak looked like it was coming from the middle of the valve. I took the RV -- after filling with a temporary fluid, to a local mechanic -- he was in one of the worst looking shops I has ever seen.
He climbed under -- cleaned the area and felt it was some king of loose threaded plug. he tightened, but it was still leaking with a bad O ring.
With that replaced the leak was fixed.

Long story abbreviated -- there is a threaded plug that can work loose on the Priority Valve on the Spartan hydraulic system which powers the steering the the radiator fan.

I am glad it was simple given the problems it could have been,which could have been issues since we are traveling on vacation to our favorite lake in South Carolina

thx Dale
Dale70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 04:46 AM   #3
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you for the update they are important for those who may do a search of the subject in the future.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan, hydraulic