Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-14-2021, 08:30 PM   #1

2000 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 36z

Hello,
New here. I just got a "new to me, Pace Arrow 36z. The leveling Jack's keep beeping at me. I think it might need more fluid, but I can NOT find where to add that fluid. I know it is ATF fluid to use, but have looked three times. The only place I think it MIGHT be, is passenger side, engine battery area.
PLEASE, help me find this so I can check it.
Also, where is the water pump switch to turn that on as well.

THANK YOU for your help in advance.

Merlin
MerlinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-15-2021, 06:26 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinB View Post
Hello,
New here. I just got a "new to me, Pace Arrow 36z. The leveling Jack's keep beeping at me. I think it might need more fluid, but I can NOT find where to add that fluid. I know it is ATF fluid to use, but have looked three times. The only place I think it MIGHT be, is passenger side, engine battery area.

Merlin
Check right side before or after rear wheel. Switch should be on control panel.

2000 Monaco Executive. 350 Cummins.
Fast E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 06:48 AM   #3

Quote:
Hello,

Merlin
Welcome to the IRV2 - a lot of good people here willing to help, and a lot of good reading to help you navigate the tributaries of your new found career (hobby) !

You’ll find always good to include a little more detailed info info on the specific system your working on when you ask questions - like whose chassis you have when asking chassis related questions, whose leveler system you have when asking about leveler hydraulics, gas or diesel fueled, absorption or domestic refrigerator type, etc, etc..

Enjoy the site! There’s always someone here to help, and there is always knowledge to be gained just by reading.
MrMark52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 08:51 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have a Southwind and my Powergear pump is behind the mudflap for the passenger front tire. Follow any of the hydraulic hoses from one of the levelers back to the pump. The fill plug is on the pump reservoir tank.
Randalpho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 12:04 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Have a PA on a 99 chassis (Ford V10). The reservoir and jack controls are visible behind the chassis battery in the RH compartment. I'm guessing yours is in a similar location. There is an angled plug at the top of the reservoir (on mine it faces the rear of the coach). I assume it is best filled with the jacks retracted. I had to remove the battery to get to mine. Lay a trash bag on the ground - filling it from a ATF bottle can get messy.

I had a similar problem with the alarm - I unplugged it and just count to 30 or so after I feel the jacks leave ground contact (coach sways).
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 12:08 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Saw the rest of your question. My coach has 3 water pump switch locations - on the range hood, near the bathroom light switch and in the utility bay. You may also have a pilot light that illuminates when the pump is on. Remember it only runs when you need water. If you hear it run at other times, you might have a small leak or a faucet not completely turned off.

My guess is since our coaches are only a year apart they have a lot of mechanical similarities.
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 02:17 PM   #7

My pump and fill for the jacks is above the house batteries and behind the carpet on the second entry step. If your batteries are under the entry step, remove battery cover and lift piece of carpet covering front of step above batteries. Metal alum. box with cover and pump behind it. Mine can't be seen from underside of MH. Good luck
chams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 03:53 PM   #8

Quote:
Hello,

Merlin
You are correct - passenger side Look right in the engine battery compartment. There's a cylinder Behind the battery)with an angled fill plug on the side (right hand side I think as you look in). Somewhat difficult to get to. I use a measuring jug to top up until fluid just comes out of that fill port.

David
Old 11-30-2021, 11:31 PM   #9

Did not see it there. Also tried to follow the lines, I lost the one I was following around the side door. Still looking.
Old 11-30-2021, 11:32 PM   #10

I think mine is there, now looking for the filler. What I thought was the filler, was just a screw off cap.
Old 11-30-2021, 11:33 PM   #11

I will look. Thank you
Old 11-30-2021, 11:40 PM   #12

I think mine is the same place, how did you unplug the alarm???
Old 11-30-2021, 11:43 PM   #13

Ok, I see the house batteries, but the riser for the last step with the carpet, carpet is glued down, I don't see how it would come off. However I did see something lime a "pump" in the engine battery compartment, behind the battery. Might I be able to get a pic? To show me where to look??? I thank you.
Old 12-01-2021, 04:55 AM   #14

Quote:
Did not see it there. Also tried to follow the lines, I lost the one I was following around the side door. Still looking.
I took a photo. The drain plug is in the centre of the photo (The hex nut)
There is also a drain on the bottom of the tank that is accessible from underneath. Supposed to change the fluid every 36 months, according to the manual.

David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0631.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	506.8 KB
ID:	350252  

Tags
ace, fleetwood, pace arrow