Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-09-2013, 05:49 PM   #1

2000 Pace Vision TV replacement

I have done MANY searches on lots of forums and still haven't come up with any ideas for replacing the original TV with a LCD/LED model. The 36B has the mid dash mount ( with a mechanism that allows for raising the viewing position) and doesn't seem to allow for a wider TV. Considered mounting TV overhead but not a lot of width there either.

Thanks for any ideas

Roger Kneeland
Roger Kneeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2013, 06:08 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Roger. Could you possibly post a photo of your current setup? Many of us don't know what you're trying to do, so a "visual aid" would help!
Old 06-09-2013, 06:18 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
I agree.. Suggestions are forthcoming with a few photos...
cb1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:28 PM   #4

Thanks for the responses ...I'll try to get a couple of pix tomorrow

R
Old 06-09-2013, 06:29 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
You may have to add some kind of box to rising mechanize so you can mount a LCD to it and when its closed will be flush with dash board or smaller LCD to retract into opening for TV.
Not many coach's on forum with your type TV mount but there are some that you may be can mount in over head cabinets as shown in this link about mid -page.
Would have to do some cabinet work for over head mount.

Look at this at 5:50 mark
for existing TV mount.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:29 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Here's a pic of our 98 - I suspect it's the same:

When we camp without hookups, I often remove the CRT and put in my 28" monitor / TV. As you mentioned, the 'hole' is not very large so the widescreen does go past the edges but it's not enough to distract me. Since for me, it's always a temporary install, I just use the mounts from the existing CRT to hold down the LCD TV on it's stand and it works fine (I think I had to redrill another set of rear holes to match the size of the mount on the LCD).

I thought I had a picture of it somewhere but so far can't find it.
michelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:04 PM   #7

Michelb,
Thanks ...that is exactly like my Pace . I'm going to have to give this some more thought . I'm afraid that I'll end up putting up with the replacement extending beyond the edges .
R
Old 06-11-2013, 09:24 AM   #8

We took out the old TV and the mechanism. That was quite a job!!! Then we took off the doors up top, and put a piece of plywood across. The piano hinge went back on, and the TV was hung there. Works fine. One could make a cabinet under the dash. I took the leather from where the old TV was, and used it to cover an exposed place on the dash. We could have put a larger TV in , but were happy with the slim line new one.
amyfonta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:29 AM   #9

I forgot to tell you that, in the hole that was left, we put an infra red heater that comes in so handy winter and summer!!!! It is a case of finding an attractive way of finishing. We used 2"trim and paint, pictures up top, and it works just fine.
amyfonta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:53 PM   #10

Hi I have your same motorhome but I am a 1999 ...so here is one thing that can be done . In the upper box tv letterbox size can be mounted on a bracket that can hold tv and when not in use fold to ceiling and all hardware will be there that is what we are going to do....now the bov where tv uset to well thwe part of the dash can stay there and in front get a small cabinet door and cover the hole where tv sat. match cabinet color and your done....now I have a ? for you ????I am missing the keepers on the baggage compartment door on the unit near battery door on drivers side. they are black and it hold the door closed and stays lock can't find them any where any Ideas????Mary
ttaazznn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:12 AM   #11

Do you mean the latches that extend and retract when you lift the door handle ? I do have some replacement latches .
Old 06-14-2013, 09:07 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Kneeland View Post
Do you mean the latches that extend and retract when you lift the door handle ? I do have some replacement latches .
the keepers that screw into the body of the coach and when door closes it makes contact..called fleetwood and they are looking for them too.. so when I drive the coach and hit pot hole door pops opens and everything falls out on highway yikes
ttaazznn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:29 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If you have not done this project yet I changed mine out using a 22" JVC and the original moving mount.

Was easy to do and looks good.

Can't find my pictures.........Grrrrrr. If you are not committed to another plan yet I will get you some pics by end of week let me know.

Hold on found the pics!!! Keep in mind the lift goes straight up and down so the top "flap" piece stays stationary if you wish.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	006.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	177.5 KB
ID:	41270  
Old 06-25-2013, 03:04 PM   #14

Brockx,
Thanks I haven't started the project yet and I like the sound of your solution if you could post a picture or email me that would be great

Roger

Tags
replacement