Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2021, 03:08 PM   #1

Send a message via ICQ to bri55 Send a message via AIM to bri55 Send a message via Yahoo to bri55
2001 Fleetwood Bounder no power cord

I have 2001 Fleetwood bounder motorhome but power cord is an extension cord and waz told the power cord should be connected permanently on 1 end and other end connects to rv parks power source please help me or show a picture of both ends please
bri55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2021, 03:30 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Welcome to the Forum.
You don’t say which model you have. My 08 35E had the power cord that plugged into the ceiling of the service bay. It wasn’t permanently attached. See the upper right of this photo.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0142.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	175.4 KB
ID:	338473

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 03:30 AM   #3

Send a message via ICQ to bri55 Send a message via AIM to bri55 Send a message via Yahoo to bri55
2001 Fleetwood bounder motorhome

No idea where that location would be , sure doesn't look like anything in my motorhome but thank you for trying its a mode MH, wish I could just sell it and end all this craziness but won't pass smog so its parked for life I guess
bri55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 06:58 PM   #4

Mine is located in the wet bay ceiling. It is a round connection about the size of a softball. Mine is above the gray/black water pipe.
Kellyjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 10:51 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have a 2000 Bounder 34T and the electrical connection point is a 30 Amp twist-lock male inlet in the lower right corner of the water and sewer bay, which is just behind the rear wheels on the driver's side of the coach. The inlet is behind a rectangular flip-up weatherproof lid. The female end of a power cord is connected to the male inlet on your coach and the male end of the power cord connects to shore power. I'll snap a photo and check back here to see if the photo will help.

Best Regards,
Frank
Old 08-15-2021, 10:55 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
I apologize for not reading enough of your post to clearly understand the puzzle. Do you not have a power cord? Or are you not sure where to connect the power cord to your coach?

If you don't have a power cord, buy one at a good RV store or order one from Amazon, or you might even find it at Wally World, but be sure it is rated for the power on your coach, probably 30 Amps.

Best Regards,
Frank
Old 08-15-2021, 11:53 AM   #7
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
If you are missing your power cord (they are not permanently connected unless you would have one on a reel - which I doubt based on your notation of the year). Depending on the type of receptacle in your Bounder, you could either have a twist-lock receptacle or a straight plug in receptacle. Those are usually found on the driver's side, at the rear, inside a bay.

If you need a twist-lock replacement cord, get one like this.

If you need just a straight plug in cord, get one like this.

They come in varying lengths.

Be sure it's the right amperage for your Bounder. Most likely 30amp, as that's what they were in the very early 2000's.
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 02:17 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My '00 36S model is a 30 amp coach the coach has a 30 amp twist lock with a retaining ring. Uses this cord:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000NI5FJU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_QT6B8B0K735NN7T9D2K6?_enco ding=UTF8&psc=1
Old_Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 05:06 PM   #9

So when you say extension cord I understand you saying one such that you can plug into a socket in your house. Any Motor Home cord will have a 30amp or 50 amp plug on one end,if not here that is definitely the wrong cord and follow the advice of the travelers above to locate your MH cord. Safe Travels
BOSTONBERNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 08:35 PM   #10

My first RV (1973) had a permanently wired in power cord. What a pain that was.
Mark_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 02:14 AM   #11

I have a 2000 Fleetwood Flair and it has a 4 inch by 4 inch box mounted in the bay where sewer drain is and the 30 amp cord is hard wired into that box if you need me to I can take a pic and also get a pic of how it is wired.
Hope this helps

Tags
bounder, fleetwood, no power, power