Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2015, 03:34 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
2002 Revolution Radiator Grill Theft!!!

So this is a new one for me in the RV world – theft at an RV park.
We own a 2002 Fleetwood Revolution and we LOVE it... It is just a wonderful coach, and over the past 3 months we've been touring the southern part of these Great United States... While we were in Nashville we were parked in a great RV park, The Grand O'l RV Park, and we couldn't help but notice the abundance of Fleetwood Revolutions in the park. There were at least 4 others, all very similar in age and length to our beloved coach, and we noticed one was missing the removable grill over the radiator on the rear of the coach.
We thought nothing more of it until we pulled our coach out of the spot we were backed into to hook up our Jeep and noticed OUR Radiator grill was missing... by this time the other rig (with the missing grill) had long since gone and we couldn't help but think maybe he had a new grill...
Either that, or someone in Nashville is stealing grill covers from 2002-2005 Fleetwood Revolutions…
All of this being said, I need to find a new grill to cover my exposed rear end!! Does anyone have a line on where I can get body parts for my coach?
TheBeachHous is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2015, 08:07 AM   #2

That's bizarre. Check Fleetwoods parts web page. I just looked it up and it is listed for $464.10. It appears we have the same rv. You'll need your vin to get the right part listing www.fleetwood.com/partsandservice/
wildirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 08:22 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I don't usually lock my rear engine cover, but maybe I have to start....
You could try the salvage yards...
Old 04-16-2015, 11:48 AM   #4
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Did you make a police report about it?
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 06:21 PM   #5

Did you inquire at the office as to the name and perhaps next destination for the coach that left, maybe with your grill?
Old 04-17-2015, 05:57 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Sorry to hear this happened to you. Hope you find a replacement for the big hole.

As said above, I may start locking my engine door.... if I can find the key!
Mr. Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 10:16 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
They were long gone and we didn't want to create a stink about it. I operate on the philosophy that if someone robs me I'm blessed to be in a more fortunate circumstance than they are. Someone willing to sink that low is obviously in need.... I just hate that they had to deface my home to do it. I'll replace it as soon as I find someone who's got one for sale, but it makes me sad to think a fellow rvr did this, I thought rvrs were my people. If we'd been in the hills of Colorado, they'd been met with my sidearm. Makes me sad to think I need to start locking everything up.
TheBeachHous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 11:23 PM   #8

This is the first I have heard about this. Is there a way to lock it in so someone can't walk away with it?
GregOk80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 11:19 AM   #9
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
That is really dispicable for someone to do that - especially if it was a fellow RV-r. I could see bikes/camp chairs or some such other easily removable item left outside occasionally being pilfered, but a radiator grill, really? What type of low-life would do that? Karma will get them, though...eventually.

You should file a police report & also check w/your insurance for replacement.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 08:03 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Really stinks. I bet it was your "friend" that was in need so just lifted yours. I'd file a police report and send a copy to my insurance co. Might want to get the name of the fellow RVer? That was in the other site for the police report. Just sayin!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 08:19 PM   #11

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeachHous View Post
I just hate that they had to deface my home to do it. I'll replace it as soon as I find someone who's got one for sale, but it makes me sad to think a fellow rvr did this, I thought rvrs were my people. If we'd been in the hills of Colorado, they'd been met with my sidearm. Makes me sad to think I need to start locking everything up.
I've had a folding table taken and that was at a private club that my parents helped found. They took my older well made one and left their newer but cheaper made one. I knew who it was as he had stolen stuff of my parents before that. He even took an aluminum chair that had our last name on it, sanded it off and painted his on. Problem was you could still see ours through his!! Plus our name was also under the back.
Also had a new water hose disappear in a campground. I think I found it but had no way to prove it was ours. Now my hoses have our name on them.
Even had an ex-member of the private club open my black tank valve with the cap on. Both times I discovered it before I got a nasty surprise. They kicked him out for other stuff he was doing.
At a FMCA rally our awning strap was cut by the people in the next spot over. She thought it was encroaching on her spot and complained to me about it. I moved over just under 2 feet but I guess that wasn't enough to satisfy her.
Stuff happens and it seems to be getting worse.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 05:57 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
I'm sorry but if someone man or women cut my awning strap damaging my property they would pay dearly. I know that my actions would cause me to suffer the consequence but I would still act out. No way anyone should not pay and suffer the consequences for fouling another's property maliciously. JMO but that's my way.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 12:16 PM   #13

The grill is removable whether the engine compartment is locked or not. It has 2 spring loaded latches.
Mike H 2002 Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 04:11 PM   #14

"Makes me sad to think I need to start locking everything up."

Never. I refuse to lock myself in. But I'll protect all my property with a vengeance.

They may win once in a while but I win every day by not assuming everyone i see or meet is a criminal.
Fl_Richard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radiator