RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-08-2019, 03:19 PM   #1

2002 Revolution slide out

2002 fleetwood revolution 40c slide out room top comes in touches side of motor home, bottom has 2 inch gap, When I bring the slide on end it will lift the kitchen area up and pulls the countertop from the wall. Could it be the rollers on the floor. I just love these MotorHomes, I have some thing to do all the time.

Thank you for your help Marlin
Texana is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2019, 09:46 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
My brother in law has much the same motorhome with the same problem on his kitchen slide. Will be watching this one for any ideas on the solution.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 11:06 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Is this a raised floor slide or a flush floor? Usually the galley on a raised floor, and that type should come in nearly flat (top and bottom touch at almost the same time). The flush floor type has the upper edge touch first.

Do both ends of the slide touch at the same time, or is one end first? That torques everything sideways.

I had a bedroom slide that acted like yours and it turned out the gear had jumped a cog on the rack (rack & pinion slide gear).
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 06:50 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texana View Post
2002 fleetwood revolution 40c slide out room top comes in touches side of motor home, bottom has 2 inch gap, When I bring the slide on end it will lift the kitchen area up and pulls the countertop from the wall. Could it be the rollers on the floor. I just love these MotorHomes, I have some thing to do all the time.

With the top of the slideout flush in to the side of motor home, the bottom is 1.5 out from the motor home. from side to side are the same from motor home. This slideout has the kitchen and sofa I cant see any hump.
Bed room does the same thing, I checked the bed room and there is half inch difference from top to bottom.
Old 05-11-2019, 08:11 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Pull up the bottoms of the kitchen cabinets, they are usually false bottoms. See if you see slide rollers that support the slide.

Different coach but is a 2002. I looked at several photos of a 40C the kitchen slide looks similar. In my case there are 3 rollers that support the slide, 2 are accessible from the inside, in the kitchen cabinets, the 3rd is accessible from the outside front wheel well.

In my case the slide was dragging on the floor, I had to adjust the rollers up to get it back in line. The outside bottom of the slide was not tight against the wall of the coach. Adjusting the roller fixed the problem.
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 10:34 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texana View Post

I did find some Teflon about a foot behind the front kitchen cabinets slides on the tile floor.
I also found the Teflon is three quarters of an inch off the floor when slide is out, When the slide is all the way in the Teflon up close to the front of the kitchen cabinets is on the floor, when the slide is closing and it does it transition when it pulls my back splash loose from my counter top.

I wont to thank every one for your support. Telling me to look for different things,
I did find the problem, the back of the counter is pulled away from it main support on the wall. I took pictures with my phone with the cabinet drawers out. Now to see how I am going to fix it, going to be hard to get too. If I can get counter top off, then it would be easy to fix..

thank you all. I will get it fixed, just not as fast as I used to be 76 has slowed me down some.
I am still able to all my on maintenance on the motor home. Just takes me longer.

Thank you Marlin
Old 06-04-2019, 10:13 PM   #7

My roller pulled out of the subfloor due to water damage. Mine is an above the floor sofa slideout with just one rack and pinyon arm to move it in and out.

I cleared out the slideout, then took off the outer flanges on the slide room so I could push it into the RV (after detaching it from the slide out arm) to expose the floor so I could fix it.

It's taking me months to learn how the thing is put together, but it has been worth it.

Good luck!
llewkcalb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
revolution, slide, slide out