Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2020, 10:05 AM   #1

2003 American Tradition no running lights

2003 American Tradition 40W Spartan Chassis. I've lost the running lights, fuse in step is good, I have switched a couple of relays around that I know are good so that's not it. All the other lights are working fine, blinker, break lights, head lights and dash all work. I suspect a ground problem but not sure where that ground would even be. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Hfg59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2020, 02:19 PM   #2

American Coach Owners Club
The marker lights should be on its own fuse.
Is there a fuse box under dash panel in front of steering wheel?
mackwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 03:38 PM   #3

marker lights do have there own fuse its located under the entry step, its not blown.
Old 08-23-2022, 12:09 PM   #4

Hello Brian, my 2003 american tradition 40M
I have the exact same problem all under the step is good but no parking lights.
Flashers, directional, headlights & fog lights work but no parking lights/running.
Has anyone figured this out.
I had just checked the lights attachment to our toad all was good. 2 hrs later no parking lights.. has me stumped for now....
bunlacken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 07:55 AM   #5

I’ve owned a few coaches since then so not 100 percent sure but I think in bedroom behind drawer next to closet on passenger side there are come light controls under there. Good luck I hope that’s it.
Old 08-25-2022, 06:35 AM   #6

Thanks for the reply.
Its my second Tradition, but this one has fuses & relays under 2 of the entry steps, can't find anything there. The bedroom has some wires running through. The bed slide has all house lighting controls & transfer s/w under it. Looking to the firewall connectors as they sit open to the elements (wet roads, rain etc) beside the generator slideout & corrosion could be the problem
Old 10-30-2022, 07:43 AM   #7

Running lights

All fuses etc good but.... check the firewall connector. The (brown) wire from the fuse had a bad connection... inside the firewall. PO had already done a fix on several wires at this connection. No burned wires so has to be a bad factory install.
Cheers
Old 10-30-2022, 08:19 AM   #8

2003 American Tradition no running lights

The 2 round wiring harness firewall bulkhead connectors beside the airhorn are a known corrosion issue. I have removed both of those and wired them directly and all my electrical related problems went away.

‘02 and ‘03 American Coaches are very similar.
Rob_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 05:37 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_M View Post
The 2 round wiring harness firewall bulkhead connectors beside the airhorn are a known corrosion issue. I have removed both of those and wired them directly and all my electrical related problems went away.

‘02 and ‘03 American Coaches are very similar.
Great idea... I'll have to consider the same as my fog lights all of a sudden have no power.. thanks
Old 10-31-2022, 07:08 AM   #10

Did you get the problem fixed ? Where exactly was the wire that you fixed ? Thanks
Old 10-31-2022, 07:25 AM   #11

Running g lights

Yes got it done,
Round connector on the front firewall curb side. Brown wire at about 2 o'clock had a bad connection. But all wires in that connector are subject to the same problem. So somone suggested throw the connector & connect all wires directly. Stopped his electrical problems. This connector appears to be the weak link where 12v is concerned.
Old 11-01-2022, 07:42 AM   #12

Thank You
Old 12-19-2022, 10:47 PM   #13

American Coach Owners Club
Do any of you have wiring schematics? We're having the same issue with parking/running lights not working and no fuses are out. Thanks.

New owners of a 2003 American Coach Tradition
MKBeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 09:12 PM   #14

I too would like to find a wiring schematic for the headlights on my 2003 Revolution. All my lights work as they should except for the headlights that don't work at all. The headlights will go on if I turn the wipers on via the steering wheel controls, but if I pull the headlight switch all the way out, they'll shut off even though the pin to power headlights on the switch is still live. I've tested the H/L switch and both relays which seem to be working properly. I don't know of any other relays or fuses to check. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tags
light, lights