I see some postings about BCC issues pretty regularly. Thought I’d share my recent experiences troubleshooting and repairing the issue.
I’d been having some intermittent issues with my coach batteries “kicking out”; being disconnected from the coach electrical thus leaving me with no DC coach power. After troubleshooting for awhile I decided to replace the aux start/charging relay. While in the process of that replacement and testing I realized that the problem wasn’t the relay (solenoid).
It turned out that the connection from chassis battery to the buss bar at the aux start relay was bad. I cleaned and tightened the connections and thought I had it fixed.
Out out this week on holiday, we started having intermittent coach DC problems again. I went to the local auto parts store and picked up a 19” battery cable and jumped around the OEM buss bar connection. Problem solved.
Here are a couple of images that I hope help clarify what I did. Ask questions if needed!