Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2020, 10:13 AM   #15

Thanks for the replies on the water heater. I do have the switch above the sink in kitchen, in addition to one at the bathroom vanity(do you guys not have?) and fornutately they operate the water heater fine. My apologies, my question was more of a technical curiosity. In my previous MH I had 2 water heater switches side by side. One operated the Gas/12v side, the other turned on the 120v element. These could be operated individually or both could be turned on at the same time for faster heating. My question with the Revolution is: does turning on the switch operate both the 120v and the gas at the same time? Or does it default to 120v unless it is not available? Thanks

rockcity-your welcome for the pics. As Mr.Dave documented I also removed the tile at the entryway. If you were considering removing all the tile you may want to start there to see what you are up against. The common practice for the manufacture seems to be to tile a additional layer of plywood and then place that in the MH and then proceed to build walls and cabinets on top of it. The mastic seems to adhere incredibly well to the plywood so it seems the only way to remove the tile is to remove the extra layer of plywood. Of course this is very problematic when walls and cabinets etc are built on top of it. Hope this helps.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2020, 11:48 AM   #16

My switches operate both gas and electric either individually or at the same time for faster recovery. My EMS manages power with relays etc depending on available power source. I don’t know if it will drop off the WH Elec power of on inverter power. I’d have to look at the wiring because it depends on how each appliance is wired. I’m actually going to change mine up a little because it kills power to appliances Id rather have available in times of boondocking. My setup is wired where it drops off my washer/dryer last for some reason, and my nevercold 1200 first. I think I saw the WH was 2nd to drop off with reduced power. I’m swapping to a residential refer and would like that to be last and the washer/dryer first, etc.

Point is, it depends on how your WH is wired in to your EMS. You’d have to look at wiring diagrams and the EMS system to know for sure.
rockcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 01:35 PM   #17

Your current EMS wiring is pretty typical for your current set-up. The Norcold and WH are usually the first to go with the idea that those could both operate off of LP. Obviously if you go with a residential refridge you would want a different priority. I guess the reasoning for the washer/dryer being last is they figure you wouldn't be using it with limited power unless you were really needing it.

Are you saying that you have 2 separate switches to control both the gas and 120v to the water heater? As far as I know I simply have a on/off switch in 2 separate locations. Thanks
Old 02-27-2020, 01:52 PM   #18

I have both electric and gas HWH switches up front in the control center, just like Rockcity's setup i can turn both gas and electric if we do back to back showers.
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 03:38 PM   #19

My 02 Rev has the gas switch for the hot water above the sink. The electric switch is in the bathroom vanity
wildirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 04:33 PM   #20

Thanks for all the responses. Sounds like I have the same configuration as wildirishman(thanks). It didn't occur to me that one location would control the electric and one would control the gas. I thought it was 2 switches doing the same thing. Wil check it out now that I have a clue what to look for. I was surprised that the owners manual didn't address it at all.

Those of you that have put in a floating floor how did you address the floor mounted exit grab-bar. I've got a couple of ideas but if someone has come up with a good solution I don't feel the need to re-invent the wheel. Thanks
Old 02-27-2020, 05:24 PM   #21

Keep in mind the gas switch will be the one with a light on it. It lights up when it doesn’t fire up. At least mine is like that.

The electric switch should be just a simple all white switch with no light.

And, no surprise there aren’t any manuals telling you anything. They come with good books about each individual item (WH, appliances, chassis, engine, generator, etc) but typically fail to provide anything to bridge the gap for each specific MH, so unless you get a grand tour and training from the prior owner, there is no way to know where each fuse panel is, or what each switch does, etc. I’ve figured out mine by trial and error. I do have a wiring diagram, which has helped just a tad, but not much.
rockcity is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purchase, revolution