Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-15-2022, 06:45 AM   #1

2004 Eagle

Sorry for all the questions but this coach is very new to me. I tried to contact fleetwood and Spartan about a plumbing schematic so I can check how it is set up. My water pump check valve let city water back into the onboard water tank. Thanks for all the help John
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2022, 11:27 AM   #2

I have the same issue .
Depending on the brand of pump there maybe a rebuild kit available for the pump head ( that contains the back flow valve ) or the pump may have to be replaced .

Alternative is to install a shut off valve between the city water hook up and the pump.

Spartan would have no info on plumbing for your coach ; Fleetwood would be your only possible source for info.
Old 08-15-2022, 11:59 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Eagle View Post
Sorry for all the questions but this coach is very new to me. I tried to contact fleetwood and Spartan about a plumbing schematic so I can check how it is set up. My water pump check valve let city water back into the onboard water tank. Thanks for all the help John

Are you 100% sure you donít have a valve turned in the tank fill position?
Your MH is to old for fleetwood schematic and Spartan is only chassis stuff.
Old 08-15-2022, 01:57 PM   #4

If yours is the same as my 2003 Eagle just move the bypass valve up to the horizontal position and the connected city water nozzle will fill your onboard tank.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220815_124831.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	332.4 KB
ID:	373796  
Old 08-15-2022, 03:37 PM   #5

plumbing

Yes My system is like yours and I replaced the valve you high lighted. The water came in from the pump side and I spiced a check valve in line to stop the water from filling my on board tank. I will take the pump out when I get time and see what can be done. Thanks John
Old 08-19-2022, 07:48 AM   #6

plumbing

Too bad fleetwood abandoned our coaches. I know they went in bankruptcy. I did put a one way valve in line with the pump so no more back filling the fresh water tank. Thanks for all the help and wish someone had a schematic.
Old 08-19-2022, 01:09 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

When Rev Group (it was named ASV then) first took over Fleetwood, they continued support for all previous American Coach models. After a few years and a lot of complaints about slow or poor service, they decided to solve the support problem by cutting off service for anything built prior to Rev taking control. Suddenly they claimed to not even have schematics or as-built data on any pre-REV production, even though owners had been obtaining it for a couple years. Maybe they tossed it in the digital trash? It's a crying shame and a disservice to the brand name.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 02:46 PM   #8

My owners manual has a diagram of the plumbing, its also on a sticker in the wet bay similar to what someone above posted a picture of. Have you checked the two valves behind the panel where you access the pump? There's two valves in there that you need to move to winterize/sanitize. It's possible Valve 2 is in the wrong position.
Drewfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 03:00 PM   #9

Hello I know what you are talking about. I owned a few coaches but this one is different and wish I could get a schematic of this coach. Thanks anyway John
Old 08-24-2022, 07:12 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
When Rev Group (it was named ASV then) first took over Fleetwood, they continued support for all previous American Coach models. After a few years and a lot of complaints about slow or poor service, they decided to solve the support problem by cutting off service for anything built prior to Rev taking control. Suddenly they claimed to not even have schematics or as-built data on any pre-REV production, even though owners had been obtaining it for a couple years. Maybe they tossed it in the digital trash? It's a crying shame and a disservice to the brand name.
I bought my Expedition almost four years ago. I'd gotten a lot of support and schematics from REV grp up until covid hit. After covid, their service desk was shut down for a few weeks and after opening back up started throwing out that line about not supplying documentation pre bankruptcy. I think it was a dick move as they still have access to all the information.