Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2022, 02:38 PM   #1

2004 Eagle - Need Schematics

They just keep coming I am looking to find the porch light fuse as the light doesn't on come even though the light comes on the light pad for porch. I changed all the light bulbs. I need a schematic for this coach. Thanks John
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2022, 07:47 AM   #2

If you can't find what you need just call Debbie. She worked for American Coach and probably has touched your coach when it was being built. She could help you. Just give her a call.

https://www.askrvdebbie.com/
gjames50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 08:41 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Eagle View Post
They just keep coming I am looking to find the porch light fuse as the light doesn't on come even though the light comes on the light pad for porch. I changed all the light bulbs. I need a schematic for this coach. Thanks John

I would say if your switch light comes on it’s a good chance you have power. Take bulb out and use a voltage tester on socket.
Old 07-23-2022, 08:52 AM   #4

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Unfortunately Debbie retired some time ago..man she was an Encyclopedia of the American Coach line up & troubleshooting & I was so disappointed when I needed some info & heard she was gone. I told her she must live & breath American Coach & she agreed!! The gal that told me this couldn't answer any of my questions that a person with a "customer service title" should be able to answer..a whole lotta "I don't knows" & passed me to another person with the same "I don't knows" & ended the call very frustrated for sure!!
groveln is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 08:56 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by groveln View Post
Unfortunately Debbie retired some time ago..man she was an Encyclopedia of the American Coach line up & troubleshooting & I was so disappointed when I needed some info & heard she was gone. I told her she must live & breath American Coach & she agreed!! The gal that told me this couldn't answer any of my questions that a person with a "customer service title" should be able to answer..a whole lotta "I don't knows" & passed me to another person with the same "I don't knows" & ended the call very frustrated for sure!!
Debbie Merritt is still around. She runs her own business. Ask RV Debbie. She is active on the Facebook American Coach page. See picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220723-085405_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	371756  
gjames50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 12:17 PM   #6

The light does come on but no porch lights. I am wanting to supersede that switch and put my own toggle switch. That switch that is in the front uses a phone line. so don't know where to look. That phone line is at the magnum inverter charger. ???? thanks John
Old 07-23-2022, 01:55 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

The porch light in an'04 is an oddball. It's tacked on to a special circuit in the American Tech multiplexor controller (under the bed) that handles the Main 12v disconnect. There is an inline fuse on a separate wire that goes to the house battery positive. My guess is that you blew that fuse, or the small fuse in the lower right corner of the multiplexor board. I can't find my photo of that board to show you.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 01:59 PM   #8

porch

Thanks Gary I'll check under the bed it does have lots of circuits in there.John
Old 07-23-2022, 02:57 PM   #9

porch light

went a looked at the board and looks like some body has changed some of the power lines. Was that fuse on the board like a black one that needs changed or out. I am reaching for what ever. You wouldn't happened to have a schematic or pictures Thanks John
Old 07-24-2022, 08:04 AM   #10

lights

I have a new problem. The front lights work for a while then don't. I have noticed that when the battery control shuts off or quits. When the control center comes back on the light work again. I have to look at that central. What does the forum think. Thanks John
Old 07-24-2022, 11:06 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Eagle View Post
went a looked at the board and looks like some body has changed some of the power lines. Was that fuse on the board like a black one that needs changed or out. I am reaching for what ever. You wouldn't happened to have a schematic or pictures Thanks John
I have the schematics for my Tradition 40V, but the basic wiring harness is used in several different configurations. I think the American Technologies multiplexor board is common to all the 40 footers.

I think the porch light is on a 15A fuse at the far right side of the multiplexor board. I don't recall if it was labeled (I no longer have the coach).
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 08:19 PM   #12

problems

Help I did find that the circuit board under the bed controls are lights by phone line. I have a number 1 circuit that was smoked so they put a wire on the board with a fuse for it to work. Now it don't work. It is on a timer and comes on when you open up the door. I need a wiring schematic to fix this. Anyone have one these as fleetwood don't go back before 2009. thanks John
Old 07-30-2022, 07:04 AM   #13

problems

Here is a attachment the multi board that is a problem. Thanks John
Name:   IMG_4778.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  30.1 KB
Old 08-02-2022, 02:11 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Look under the bed. Not by the floor of the bed but lift up the bed and prop open. Pretty sure a big fuse panel for lots of lighting and water pump. I have a 2005 Tradition and thats where mine were. Could not find that panel anywhere. Make sure your inverter is turned on for that other electrical problem. Had a similar experience with my coach last year.
davidroeth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, problem, problems, schematics