Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-07-2013, 01:41 PM   #1

2004 Fleetwood Fiesta water bypass valve

I have been using the gravity method to fill my fresh water tank for the past 3.5 years. While reading the owner's manual the other day, it mentions the option of turning a bypass valve while hooked up to a city water connection in order to fill the tank. I have spent the past hour looking for this valve, and have unscrewed every panel, removed every drawer and even crawled under the RV. Anyone know where this mystery valve is on this particular model?
terryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2013, 01:45 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Mine is in the service bay where you hook up the city water. And it looks like this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2838601396.jpg
Views:	939
Size:	588.2 KB
ID:	49397

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:05 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Mine is in the service bay where you hook up the city water. And it looks like this.

Attachment 49397

Unfortunately all the lettering on mine has worn off. I don't know why. Anyway, I have to assume (and I hate to do that) that when the handle is up and down vertically that would be the by-pass and horizontally would be for filling the tank. Am I assuming correctly? If anybody has a m/h of the same vintage as mine maybe you could take a pic and post it. 2001 Southwind 32V.

R

Ray
Socaltoolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:08 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socaltoolguy View Post
Unfortunately all the lettering on mine has worn off. I don't know why. Anyway, I have to assume (and I hate to do that) that when the handle is up and down vertically that would be the by-pass and horizontally would be for filling the tank. Am I assuming correctly? If anybody has a m/h of the same vintage as mine maybe you could take a pic and post it. 2001 Southwind 32V. R Ray
Hook up water and turn on a faucet. If water comes out , it's on city water. If no water comes out its on bypass ( tank fill ) .

Old 11-08-2013, 07:01 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The Bypass valve on my 05 Fiesta was under the kitchen sink, in back, up high, hard to see. I don't think you can fill the water tank as you described.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:10 PM   #6

Thank you all for your suggestions and photos. Fiesta48, the bypass valve under the kitchen sink is for the water heater, not for filling the fresh water tank. I have arrived at the same conclusion as you suggested, that this "entry level" Fleetwood does not offer the capability of filling the fresh water tank from any means other than gravity flow. No big deal, as I have noted from other threads that the option that other Fleetwood models have, of filling the water tank from an attached city water supply is much slower than the gravity method, anyway.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:26 PM   #7
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryl View Post
Thank you all for your suggestions and photos. Fiesta48, the bypass valve under the kitchen sink is for the water heater, not for filling the fresh water tank. I have arrived at the same conclusion as you suggested, that this "entry level" Fleetwood does not offer the capability of filling the fresh water tank from any means other than gravity flow. No big deal, as I have noted from other threads that the option that other Fleetwood models have, of filling the water tank from an attached city water supply is much slower than the gravity method, anyway.
Try calling FW. 800-322-8216

Old 11-17-2013, 06:03 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryl View Post
I have been using the gravity method to fill my fresh water tank for the past 3.5 years. While reading the owner's manual the other day, it mentions the option of turning a bypass valve while hooked up to a city water connection in order to fill the tank. I have spent the past hour looking for this valve, and have unscrewed every panel, removed every drawer and even crawled under the RV. Anyone know where this mystery valve is on this particular model?
I have a 2007 Terra LX 32K. My manual refers to the valve, but it does not exist! I guess they couldn't afford the extra $20. bucks! A friend of mine & myself designed & installed our own system. We installed it in the bay right next to the entrance door where the water pump is located. It's quite simple using two valves. When on city water you just close one valve & open the other & city water fills the tank! You only have to open the gravity fill cap top let the air escape.
countrypair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:23 AM   #9

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
My 2003 Storm manual shows the valve as well, but it says somewhere I think, that it is 'optional'

My fresh water tank the only way to fill it is gravity and I'm betting your Fiesta is the same.....
Old 11-23-2013, 05:44 AM   #10

I had the same problem with my 2007 Terra. I purchased 2 valves from CW & some SS hose at HD & I can just turn the 2 valves & fill my tank with city water. Give me your email & I will send a picture.
countrypair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #11

Countrypair, my owner's manual covered both the Fiesta and Terra, and also stated that some of the features listed may not be not be available on both models, so I now believe, as you have pointed out, that I do not have this on mine. I am satisfied with the gravity flow for filling my fresh water tank, but would be interested in seeing photos of what you have done to modify yours. My e-mail is terrylange@cox.net. Thanks for your offer to help!

Tags
fleetwood, water