Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2012, 06:30 AM   #1

2004 Fleetwood Revolution

I just bought a 2004 Fleetwood Revolution. I have noticed that when I retract the lifts the front center lift does not retract completely and I need to press the retract all button a second time for it to retract completely.

Any suggestions?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2012, 09:57 AM   #2

I would suggest you first clean the jack "post" when down with a cotton cloth and then apply a thin coat of silicon spay. Also do that with the 2 rears. Also check the hydraulic fluid level in the reservoir. If that is OK, but you have no record of the fluid being changed, then suggest you change it. This seems to be overlooked quite often. Nothing difficult here, but just be sure the new fluid level is set correctly and that you don't operate the jacks with the reservoir cover off. You should also look around for fluid leaks if the reservoir is low.

Suggest you also do a forum search re jack issues others have encountered. There is a a lot of good info here on this subject. It may be an electronic issue, but I would opt for the easiest path first. PLEASE let us know what you find out....thanks!
Old 01-18-2012, 10:13 AM   #3

Thanks for the advice. I will let you know if it works.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:27 AM   #4

Well I found the problem. A hydraulic line had been rubbing and eventually cut through leaking fluid. Had the line replaced and the jacks now work as designed.

This appears to have been done at the factory and was a breakdown waiting to happen.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:33 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootie-Owl View Post
Well I found the problem. A hydraulic line had been rubbing and eventually cut through leaking fluid. Had the line replaced and the jacks now work as designed.

This appears to have been done at the factory and was a breakdown waiting to happen.
Glad you found that and got it fixed, Hootie. And thanks for reporting back on what the problem is; that might be helpful to someone else in the future.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:04 PM   #6

Help thinking of buying same rig as you Hootie-Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootie-Owl View Post

My husband and I are thinking of buying a 2004 40ft Fleetwood Revolution with 15,000 miles. They are asking 75,000. We are just wondering how you are liking yours and if you are having any issues with yours that we should be worried about. Any info you have would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
HardisHwy
HardisHwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:53 AM   #7

We really like ours.

We did have one problem with the high pressure line from the motor to the front steering. The line was rubbing on the starters ground cable and eventually cut through.

Outside of that we have really enjoyed the unit.

The price seems very good. The only concern I would have is the low mileage for a 2004. If it has been sitting allot you could have problems. One thing I have learned is that these RVs need to be used.

Good luck.