Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2021, 03:15 PM   #1

2004 Pace Arrow transfer switch location

Where is the power transfer switch located on my 2004 Pace Arrow 37A on a Workhorse chasis?
basscat2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2021, 07:20 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If you find one,let me know.
I don't think it has one, other than the 'aux start" button on the dash.
No "ship / shore" switch to my knowledge on our coaches.

Mike in Colorado
2004 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37c, 8.1 gasser, (Jezebel) Ultra RV ECM / TCM, plugs wires, and rear track bar, PPE deep Tx pan w/ temp gage, Bilstein's, Sailun's & Sumo's all round, pushed by a 2002 Grand Caravan, on a Master Tow Dolly OR a WR-250 on a rail.
Flyer15015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 07:45 PM   #3

If you don't plug your shore cord into the generator outlet, you have a Auto Transfer Switch.

Start the generator, wait about 20 seconds and listen for a clunk. ATSs all have delays in them.

You can do it over and over by switching off and then on, the generator breakers.

Just don't have anything electric running when your doing it.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 07:25 PM   #4

The transfer switch is under the vanity in the bathroom of my 2004 37C. Replaced mine last year.
ndetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 12:59 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

If all else fails, trace the shore cord until it enters a box that also has the generator wires coming into it. It has to be somewhere between the shore cord and the load center (breaker box) and meet up with the genset wires.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 09:31 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndetello View Post
The transfer switch is under the vanity in the bathroom of my 2004 37C. Replaced mine last year.
nd, would you please post a picture of yours.
After I read your post, I scurried out to the barn and checked under the bathroom sink. Found a block with some 110 v breakers, for "large appliances and the AC units, and a bunch of 12 v fuses for lights and stuff, but no
"ship / shore" switch.
My 37c is an '03 frame and an '04 coach, so must be early in the '04 run.
Did they do a mid run change ?

Mike in Colorado
2004 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37c, 8.1 gasser, (Jezebel) Ultra RV ECM / TCM, plugs wires, and rear track bar, PPE deep Tx pan w/ temp gage, Bilstein's, Sailun's & Sumo's all round, pushed by a 2002 Grand Caravan, on a Master Tow Dolly OR a WR-250 on a rail.
Flyer15015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 12:12 PM   #7

This is the only picture I have. It's the box attached to the back of the breaker/fuse panel under the wooden spoon. This is the replacement at amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

P.S. I was using the spoon and some zip ties to keep the contacts together to get generator power to the ACs until we got home and could replace it...
Old 03-07-2021, 08:37 PM   #8

Here's the picture...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8565 (1).jpg
Views:	166
Size:	286.1 KB
ID:	320478  
Old 03-08-2021, 06:50 AM   #9

Thanks so much. I did find it under the bathroom sink but I think that is too many wires for me to tackle. I'll take it to Andy's RV repair.
basscat2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 08:33 PM   #10

1994 Pace Arrow Automatic Transfer Switch

Just an FYI, For anyone who has an older model Fleetwood Pace Arrow as we do (1994). Our transfer switch went out on us on our very 1st trip as a newbee, We finally found it behind the breaker, fuse panel below the refrigerator. Had it replaced and fixed in Panama City thanks to the Camp host who had a list of repair guys and places to contact incase a camper needed help. We were camping at the state park Dr. Julian G. Bruce St. George Island, FL. Hope this will help someone else.

Tags
cat, pace arrow, transfer switch, ace, switch