Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2007, 07:16 AM   #15

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Answer to Gerry B54. We have a Power awning and it wooks ok with the kitchen out BUT not happy with the awning as it is up to high when out and will not shed rain if an large amount falls. Manual awning would be best as far as we are concerned
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2007, 09:21 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to GerryB54 Send a message via Skype™ to GerryB54
travel, well the one we are looking at here has a manual awning but I believe it is the same awning hardware you have, except for the automatic part, at least that's what A&E says on their website.

My guess is it's gonna be higher than I like as well.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:41 PM   #17

From what I have run into the most common thing that folks do not like about a kitchen slide is
that it seems impossible to get any awning that
angles down like they want unless it's installed
on the slide itself...and that would seem like a problem in many ways.
JIMOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 03:29 AM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well. an eight or ten foot awning attached to a slide would be a waste to me anyway.

I think my only solution idea is to be using the Patty-O-Shade...we also realize that if we need more awning space for certain times we can just pull the kitchen slide in.

We won't have a final opinion till we see the awning operation in person this weekend, wish us luck!
Old 08-24-2007, 03:39 AM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well, our departure time is near, tomorrow at 5:00 am...are we crazy driving 580 miles to inspect and possibly purchase an RV from a private party?

I don't think so...I've never purchased a "pre-owned" RV before, so the logistics and financing/insurance issues have been challenging, but over the two weeks of negotiation and preparation we've developed a pretty good trust relationship with the selling party.

Unfortunately, nothing will help if you have a less than great feeling after the initial walk thru of the RV in question.

The owner is allowing us to "camp" in the RV in their covered storage shed (another plus) for Saturday night, and if we're still interested, Sunday night...they have power and water for the RV supplied.

Our plan is to get there Saturday at 4:00 pm, briefly inspect the RV, go to dinner, come back and stay overnight in the RV (inspecting most everything inside/going thru the documentation/booklets)...Sunday I'll spend all day road testing, going over an extensive PDI checklist and then give them our final decision...any more ideas or tips?
Old 08-24-2007, 04:16 AM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Another question on the 34F...I was assuming (thought I read it somewhere in the documentation) that this rig is equipped with a 50 amp electrical service, can anyone confirm this?

Also, if 50 amp, does Fleetwood supply 30 amp and 50 amp power cords? I saw this on a couple other Bounder models I looked at.

On edit...an RV.Net member who has the same exact rig has confirmed it has a 50A service.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:54 PM   #21

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ours(2004 ) is wired 30 amp .If you are hooked to a 50 amp outlet with a 30 amp dog bone, WE can run BOTH a/c's. Usually, we go to gas on our reffer that way.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:05 PM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well, we made it here to NC, and it was worth the trip...this RV (2005 Fleetwood Bounder 34F Class A) is immaculate...a thorough PDI and road trip is scheduled tomorrow, but it sure looks like we'll be driving this home Monday... We're overnighting in it tonite and Sunday...
Old 08-29-2007, 02:35 AM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Made it back to NJ Tuesday morning, some tail light problems (I've posted about on the Workhorse forum), but overall very pleased with the rig's general performance and comforts.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:40 AM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
GerryB54... If you haven't done so already, you should register the motorhome on Workhorse's web site and make sure all the recall's, if any, have been taken care of.

Also, either via the web, or call their 800 number and register it to your name. If you haven't it'll still be registered to the first owner.
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 04:44 AM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks Bob, actually did it this morning before my posts...had the one recall taken care of by the seller before we even went down to look at it.

Regards,
Old 09-03-2007, 06:33 AM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Still busy ironing out my minor issues, ice maker finally fixed today...guess I should finish transferring stuff from my Class C to the new Class A...enjoy Labor Day!
Old 09-04-2007, 12:19 PM   #27

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Here's a photo album I posted right here on IRV2...Our New Bounder Photos

Well, tomorrow I get the last item serviced, a hazard flasher that has failed under WH warranty, and all my issues are completed.

Ice maker is fixed, toad light problems are fixed, tires inflated properly...gonna try to get it weighed tomorrow (since it's loaded/water and all) to final adjust tires.

FINALLY got all my stuff moved from my FW Chateau Class C (FOR SALE)...took a while, but everything is now in it's new place, with plenty of storage room to spare.

Overall I continue to be impressed on how well thought out the functions of this RV work...a very nice upgrade from my Class C days.

Anyway, thanks to all who helped me on this journey, it was well worth it.
Old 12-29-2007, 07:40 PM   #28

We have a 2005 Bounder 34F on a Workhorse chassis and we really like it. As one of your commentators stated, we have had some trouble with the kitchen sink drain on the kitchen slideout; it leaked. I chalk it up to shoddy workmanship at the factory. When the leak occured we were beyond warranty, so we had it fixed at a dealer. It seemed like a big deal, since they had to pull the refrigerator, but the bill was modest - about $200. Also, the benefit of the awning is limited, because it is up so high and is not really adjustable. Notwithstanding those problems, the additional interior space available because of the kitchen slideout far outweigh any problems. You could dance the waltz inside this thing!

A problem we have had, which may be in my own mind, is the Workhorse suspension. From the factory, these things appear to ride on the little yellow overload springs between the frame and the leaf springs. When stopping, they would "clunk", and I didn't like it. I had overloads put on ours and the ride quality improved a lot, but it did raise the coach about 3 inches. It looks cool if you're into lift kits!

We get about 8.5 mpg average, certainly less when pulling a grade. We pull a Toyota Prius on a car dolly; these are deceptively heavy cars because of the batteries. But, we don't even know it's there. You should have no trouble pulling your Jeep.

Although we love it, we would still like to sell our Bounder. We just don't use it enough to justify the expense. I'm upside down in our rig, primarily because I got talked into extended warranties by the dealer, but I might be tempted to sell for about what you expect to pay...but certainly not for less. The Bounder 34F is a great RV!
jreaganrv is offline   Reply With Quote