Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-30-2007, 03:05 PM   #1

I have just bought the above RV and would love to have contact with current and any past owners.My Discovery has the external entertainment items fitted ( TV & CD/Radio ) but NOT the barbeque.

I would like to install what I believe is called the Extend a Stay in order that I can connect an external gas barbeque to the RVs LPG system and also a seperate gas bottle, I have been informed on another forum that the take off point is in the area where the factory option gas barbeque would be located,my informant offered to take pictures of the actual point but after some time I have received nothing.

Is there a current or ex-owner that can help please?

Thank you
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2007, 03:05 PM   #2

I have just bought the above RV and would love to have contact with current and any past owners.My Discovery has the external entertainment items fitted ( TV & CD/Radio ) but NOT the barbeque.

I would like to install what I believe is called the Extend a Stay in order that I can connect an external gas barbeque to the RVs LPG system and also a seperate gas bottle, I have been informed on another forum that the take off point is in the area where the factory option gas barbeque would be located,my informant offered to take pictures of the actual point but after some time I have received nothing.

Thank you
Old 12-30-2007, 04:04 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
On our previous '04 Discovery the ExtendaFlow was simply installed immediately distal of the shut off valve, right on the propane tank, and then we used a flexible rubber hose with the distal end terminating and attached just under the compartment door, two doors in front of the right wheel well. You would be wise to make sure that the barbecue is never used too close to the coach as the heat could affect the sidewall.

2007 REV LE
Jack Myton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 07:21 AM   #4

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MicknPat:

I would like to install what I believe is called the Extend a Stay in order that I can connect an external gas barbeque to the RVs LPG system and also a seperate gas bo

ttle, I have been informed on another forum that the take off point is in the area where the factory option gas barbeque would be located,my informant offered to take pictures of the actual point but after some time I have received nothing.

Thank you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
--------------------------------------------------
You would be well served to join the Discovery Owners group. One of the best groups with an extensive technical file covering anything you might have happen and/or want to do. The e-group will provide instantaneous help as well.

http://www.discoveryowners.com/

I'm a former D owner.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:47 AM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ecker:
You would be well served to join the Discovery Owners group. One of the best groups with an extensive technical file covering anything you might have happen and/or want to do. The e-group will provide instantaneous help as well.

http://www.discoveryowners.com/

I'm a former D owner. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Leo,
We have decided to bite the bullet and join the Discovery Owners Club, trouble is one has to send a cheque & application for via snail mail........counting the day's to receiving our reply.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:01 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
While you wait for membership in Discovery Owners Assoc. As a Discovery Owners Associate Member and installer of an Extenda Flow, on an '01 36T, '04 39L and more recently on a Revolution LE, 40E, I can give you my suggestions. When you buy an ExtendaFlow kit it will included a T fitting and the hose. The T is installed immediately distal to the shut off of the propane tank, and you run the flexible hose to an outside lower edge of the coach where you can easily access. On the '04 it was on the front lower edge of the compartment just behind the front right slide. Unless you are very familiar with propane I would suggest a gas certified pipefitter at a dealer to install. I am not familiar with factory installed outside barbecues but I would strongly suggest that a barbecue operated close to a side wall could seriously damage the coach. Keep it well away from the coach. I searched the Discovery site and I did not find any reference to the factory installed outside barbecue or its fittings.

2007 REV LE
Old 01-06-2008, 11:31 AM   #7
JRP

hey Jack,

the only folks I've heard using the term "distal" are my dentists. does that term have special meaning in Canada or are you filling teeth in the back of that Revolution

Jim
2005 D owner
JRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 12:02 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
No, that's my previous life in emergency services, and first aid. 'Distal phalangeal joint', eh!

2007 REV LE