Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-17-2018, 01:46 PM   #15

Thank you very much for this info, we will be spendind some time with a technician when we pick her up in 7 days woohoo! I will check on these recalls and I will ask the INVERTER QUESTION too!

I feel really good about getting another Bounder!
Kim Kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2018, 01:56 PM   #16

Thank you everyone!

Hi,

I'm still learning this forum and not sure how to respond to messages individually, I'll check when I have more time like those long trips heading down the highway looking for adventure LOL!

We pick up our Bounder in 7 days, I can't wait! I will post pics soon and I am reading all of your comments about important things to know!

We are relocating from Seattle to Yosemite National Park Area! Anyone know of some good spots to park RV there while we are house hunting?

I got a free memebership to Thousand Trails, everything I read, I am afraid to activate it, especially if they want my credit card. Reviews are bad on their parks and customer service but I got a free one year pass!

Any thoughts on that? or memberships in general. My husband has that National Park Lifetime Pass, do you get discount on camping????

Have a wonderful weekend!!!
Old 03-17-2018, 02:05 PM   #17
Community Administrator

Here’s a link to a thread that will help you navigate the forum.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f62/forum...ics-49134.html

All the best with your Bounder. I had an 08 35E and loved it.

Cliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Kris View Post
Hi,

I'm still learning this forum and not sure how to respond to messages individually, I'll check when I have more time like those long trips heading down the highway looking for adventure LOL!

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 06:02 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Hi,

We pick up our Bounder in 7 days, I can't wait! I will post pics soon and I am reading all of your comments about important things to know!

We are relocating from Seattle to Yosemite National Park Area! Anyone know of some good spots to park RV there while we are house hunting?

I got a free memebership to Thousand Trails, everything I read, I am afraid to activate it, especially if they want my credit card. Reviews are bad on their parks and customer service but I got a free one year pass!

Any thoughts on that? or memberships in general. My husband has that National Park Lifetime Pass, do you get discount on camping????

I would recommend you not activate that TT membership. Free? why do they need a credit card? They pray on new people.
Where are you going to be looking for a house? East side or West side at the top of the hill or?
Bill
WILDEBILL308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 06:29 PM   #19

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the TT membership advice. I probably won't activate it. We are looking around Mariposa or Oakhurst area in Yosemite. We're pretty excited! I see you also have a Bounder. I am curious if you have auto leverling jacks? We were scheduled to take delivery of our 2005 Bounder 35E and postponed as they are waiting on part for the Norcold Fridge recall. This rig has the ATWOOD 4 point elec jacks which weren't working during the test drive and they said they would fix it before delivery. Turns out it need the control panel which may be no longer available. We may need to install a new system. :( They are looking everywhere for the part. I'll know tomorrow.
Old 03-26-2018, 06:44 PM   #20

Hi Francis,

Thank you so much for the info, you and other's told me about the recalls and we delayed delivery at the dealership to get these handled. We should be meeting with them this week and I will ask the inverter question. During the test drive, we were not able to use the leveling jacks (ATWOOD 4 point elec) they indicated they would be fixed before delivery. Unfortunately it appears the control panel (board) is bad and they don't make them anymore, they are looking everywhere for this part. Ever had a problem with your leveling jacks? If they can't fix it, then they will refund us some $$ and we will need to put in a different system. I'm glad you like your Bounder, I can't wait to get our home!!!
Old 03-26-2018, 08:15 PM   #21

Quote:
Hi,

You are actually moving TO California?[emoji15]
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 11:45 AM   #22

Firedoc!

Yes, Yosemite area or as I say the Sierra Nevada will be home base, I am from Reno and San Diego areas originally. We spend time in both and Mexico. Seattle is beautiful but it rains too much! I'm aware it's wildfire country, my father flew airtankers for 45 years!
Old 03-28-2018, 07:55 PM   #23

Kim

The leveling jack issue, on my unit, the motor for the front drivers side must have a bad spot. Everyone once in while it does work, I have to go out and spin the motor with the nut on the bottom, then reset the system and it works.

Bad news about the control board n it being available.

Francis
canyon453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 05:42 AM   #24

My last motorhome was a 05 bounder 35E and I had the same problem the key pad burnt out and they are no longer available. I had an extended warranty but the camping world ( my first mistake) I was working with wanted to replace it with a whole new system for 7000 plus. Company would not pay to replace things not broken i.e. Jacks, motors etc. I called h w h my self they told me they make a replacement for the system that was far less than a new system.The warranty co agreed to his for repair. Camping world refused to do the job so I ended up taking the m h to another repair shop and they fitted it with the replacement parts and all was well. So make sure you contact h w h before you agree to any crazy princess to find out if they still offer the replacement parts.
I was very happy with the 05 and traded it in for a 2017 bounder and so far it's living up to my expectations

Good luck
Jwicka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 02:28 PM   #25

Hey Folks, I'm dropping in on this thread to ask a question about a 2005 Fleetwood Bounder 34M.

But 1st, I too want to see pic's of you new rig!

So, I just looked at the Bounder today (during an incredible rain storm!) so I wasn't able to start it or drive it, but I really liked the layout.

Thing is I know NOTHING about a diesel rig and all those dials, lights and buzzers made my eyes cross, so I'm going to need to get smart on that whole diesel arena real quick.

My question is where do I find info on what the "M" means in the model number? This was a 34M and parked right next to it as a 39E (I think). I tried do a search for a 'list' so I could see what all the letters mean, but so far haven't found anything helpful.

And probably a general question, How do these rigs fair in reliability, especially the engine and trany? I understand this has a Freightliner chassis with an Allison transmission and I don't recall about the engine and the sales guy said it like I should know how good they are....yeah..I know nothing about them.

Although when he said Freightliner my immediate thought was they have a great ride, correct?

Anyway, I see throughout this thread there are some things to look out for especially the recalls, so I'll have to ask about that.

So for this 2005 34M with 24K miles they are asking 59K...good? bad?

Thanks and hope I didn't just derail this thread...if so let me know and I'll move it elsewhere.

Thanks.
1997 RexAir 32' Ford F53 Chassis, Banks system.
TriMoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 04:08 PM   #26

I too was an uninformed newbie to the diesel world when I got my 04 38n several years ago.
I am going to guess you have a Cummins ISB 300 for an engine. What I learned (from those that know on here) that as for dependability , you can't beat em'. Those are half million mile engines (at least).
The Fleetwood rigs built before 08/09, when the company went belly up are better in many ways than the newer rigs.
With a few add-ons and proper servicing they are a pleasure to drive. Definitely add a steering stabilizer.
Freightliner is a great chassis (especially the earlier ones).
The learning curve on the operation is really quite easy and comfortable when you get past the intimidating lights and sounds. They actually help a dummy avoid making mistakes that can damage or shorten the life of your engine.
When you first turn on the ignition the buzzing will stop when it is safe to start. When the buzzer on the air stops you know you are at the pressure you need to release the brakes.
SlaterDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 04:14 PM   #27

I can't answer about the price with any authority. I stole mine from a friend! But there are many in here that will tell you that no matter what price the dealer puts on it, you'll definitely pay less. At 54k I would think less than 50k. The book is probably in the mid 60's on an 05.
SlaterDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 05:37 PM   #28

Fleetwood made a 34 ft Bounder diesel?
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder, fleetwood