Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2015, 06:30 AM   #1

2005 Rev shakedown cruise report

We just are at the last leg of our AZ to PA trip that was two weeks long and I have a large list for the repair shop bfr. we head out again in a week.

Lost a front wheel hub cover 1st day. these roads SUCK and who caulks on a wheel cover? new one waiting at home 20.00 bucks on ebay!

I have burned up the two front tires. Major feathering on outside edge and smooth on the inside! One tire shop along the way said King PIN?

The norcold fridge has been as high 76 degrees when on the road all day. Had the recall done right after we bought it. Ive tinkered> Gas, elec. mess with air flow tossed a 10.00 package of pastrami! NOT a hAPPY CAMPER.

Vacuflush quit yesterday and we get a nasty smell when driving. Red light blinks for a second. makes a little noise but no flush or pump action? TANK NEAR EMPTY!

Have boon-docked at rest stops (in one now) simply amazed at what we can run all night on the battery's!

The in motion sat. dome gives me fits so i bought a carry out Quest and LOVE IT! works every time!

This thing was completely serviced bfr the trip and the Gen takes 5 times to keep running. says low oil (BUT NOT)! did they put in wrong weight i wonder?

Been dragging the 03 toyo sequoia behind us and its like a toy wagon back there! Despite what all the NAYerS say~ it tows PERFECT!

Love the 400 cat and really love the sound when I have the window open leaving a toll booth and goose it! LOL!!!

I CAN NOT fill this puppy with out a back surge of fuel out the pipe and down the side! Was upsetting in the beginning and now dont even give it a second though as it does it 99% of the time!

When it was only a year old they replaced the rear roof air with a something way smaller than the front and its NOT up to snuff. Will be going to battle with someone when I figure out who that will be.

Was really rainy in IND and I learned the hard way to check the top of the slide unless i want my back washed 1st time I break!

that info center in the dash is a JOKE! hard to navigate and SEE unless it dark out!

enuff rambling

ADT

Phoenix Az / Belen NM
AlanTbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2015, 12:07 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
AlanTbird,

Sorry to hear of the problems. I'm sure they'll get them corrected.

We had many things to fix on our 03 Revolution when we first bought it. But we knew that going in and did the work myself. Because of the needed repairs, we were able to purchase it a very favorable price. We still love our coach and are on a long trip with it. Currently visiting our daughter and her family near Anchorage, AK. Great having your own bed and all your stuff with you!

Good luck on getting things corrected!
Mr. Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 01:22 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Takes time and patience. Ditch the never cold, put in a residential. You'll never regret this move.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 09:48 AM   #4

nevercold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayobx View Post
Takes time and patience. Ditch the never cold, put in a residential. You'll never regret this move.
it was fine till the recall was done. Will let the dealer and warranty co figure it out for now. If they want to, pay for a res. upgrade then yes. We cook a lot and I lost several 100 in food. Dam it.
AlanTbird is offline   Reply With Quote