Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-08-2014, 11:19 PM   #1

2005 Revolution Maintenance ???

Just got my first diesel rig and don't know how to do any maintenance on it [ change oil , filters etc. ] Are there any manuals I can purchase to show me how ? Any help would be greatly appreciated .thanks
urude is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2014, 04:19 AM   #2

Congrats on your new-to-you coach!. The Revs are very nice.

I don't believe you're going to find any manuals or step-by-step instructionals on those type of items that are specific for your unit.

For starters, if you don't have any documentation that came with your coach, I would call Fleetwood or visit their website and download any/all documentation you can for yours.

2nd, start searching/reading thru the forums for specific questions you may have and any caveats pertaining to the task at hand. There are many years of posts which contain problems, solutions and shortcuts to both common and very uncommon tasks!

3rd, visit google and youtube for instructional videos that are posted on any specific maintenance you're looking to do.

Good luck!
Old 02-09-2014, 06:10 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by urude View Post
Just got my first diesel rig and don't know how to do any maintenance on it [ change oil , filters etc. ] Are there any manuals I can purchase to show me how ? Any help would be greatly appreciated .thanks
Mine has a Sparten chassis (800 543 4277) on it not sure what yours has. They were helpful with maintenance items. Like the other person said google a lot of stuff. I think someone put a stickie of maintenance stuff under the Sparten area in the chassis section. Sparten does have a manual that has some stuff in it.
WesinRockies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:57 AM   #4

Changing the oil is simple just a big filter wrench and a lot of oil. On the tranny Allison mh3000 the February 2012 issue of motorhome magizine has a good step by step. Not hard at all just everything is a lot bigger than a car. I get all of my filter on rvchassisparts.com. Don't forget about things like draining air tanks,checking front hubs if they are oil lubed.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:45 AM   #5

As a former Revolution owner, it can tell you that there is no single manual that will serve as a guide. First, as mentioned above see if you have any manuals that were furnished with the unit. There should be chassis manuals, whether or not it is a Spartan or Freightliner. This will help on lubrication and some regular service items. Next there may be a Fleetwood manual covering the motorhome in general terms. Next, there should be several manuals on the subsystems such as water heater, furnaces, refrigerator, water pump, etc. if you do not have these documents, then assemble model numbers and serial numbers of each item and do the Internet search. You should be able to assemble most of what you need. Next, build a spread sheet on the service tasks, filter numbers, and service intervals. I have seen several spread sheet formats In these forums that would give you a good start.
vraines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 01:34 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
You can probably get everything you need on-line from the chassis and drive train manufacturers. I was able to get Spartan chassis, Cummins and Allison manuals all on-line. Sure beats having to drag out the big box of brochures and manuals that came with it. The chassis manufacturer will have a general maintenance schedule for whatever is under yours on-line.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 03:56 PM   #7

pm me, I recently did it all.
akeyzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 06:47 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by akeyzoo View Post
pm me, I recently did it all.

Have you done the ride height?
Old 02-23-2014, 09:51 AM   #9

Ok, subtract ride height from "all". :-)
Old 02-24-2014, 07:28 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Ok, subtract ride height from "all". :-)
Darn guess when it warms up I am going to learn how to do it. Can't be to tough. "Famous last words"
Old 02-24-2014, 02:22 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesinRockies View Post
Darn guess when it warms up I am going to learn how to do it. Can't be to tough. "Famous last words"

I hear ya, I haven't noticed any abnormalities with my ride height so haven't felt inclined to measure it. I presume Spartan will give us very specific directions.

When I bought my Rev I decided to do almost everything including:

Engine Oil and filter
Engine Coolant and coolant filter
Engine Air Filter
Hydraulic oil AND both filters
Fuel filters
Transmission fluid (transynd) and filters
Just got ECU upgraded, big help for a symptom I had
Valve Adjustment (mine were pretty far out)
Rear Diff fluid change
Hydraulic Jack system fluid change
Generator Air/Oil/fuel, didn't do coolant.
New Air Dryer cartridge
topped off front hubs, they were actually ok
New Serpentine belt
Cleaned out hot water heater
Resealed top of coach and replaced a skylight.

I also did some updates inside. Removed TV Boxes and mounted flatscreens in front and bedroom, Samsung res. fridge, wallpaper and a few other things. Getting ready to tackle flooring! When I get all done what will I do??

Spartan can hook you up with all of the right fluids and filter media. Use CAT filters if at all possible. Everything above was just like working on a car, just a larger scale. Also, I chose to pay a shop to adjust valves and update ECU, but did everything else in my driveway. One of the hardest parts is getting rid of 10 gallons of coolant and all of the other used fluids. Messy and a pain. My Rev had 34K miles on it when I bought it, and about 2K miles on the last service (but 12 months). I wanted everything current and as you can likely tell, enjoy this kind of stuff.

Chris
Old 03-01-2014, 10:44 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
I hear ya, I haven't noticed any abnormalities with my ride height so haven't felt inclined to measure it. I presume Spartan will give us very specific directions. When I bought my Rev I decided to do almost everything including: Engine Oil and filter Engine Coolant and coolant filter Engine Air Filter Hydraulic oil AND both filters Fuel filters Transmission fluid (transynd) and filters Just got ECU upgraded, big help for a symptom I had Valve Adjustment (mine were pretty far out) Rear Diff fluid change Hydraulic Jack system fluid change Generator Air/Oil/fuel, didn't do coolant. New Air Dryer cartridge topped off front hubs, they were actually ok New Serpentine belt Cleaned out hot water heater Resealed top of coach and replaced a skylight. I also did some updates inside. Removed TV Boxes and mounted flatscreens in front and bedroom, Samsung res. fridge, wallpaper and a few other things. Getting ready to tackle flooring! When I get all done what will I do?? Spartan can hook you up with all of the right fluids and filter media. Use CAT filters if at all possible. Everything above was just like working on a car, just a larger scale. Also, I chose to pay a shop to adjust valves and update ECU, but did everything else in my driveway. One of the hardest parts is getting rid of 10 gallons of coolant and all of the other used fluids. Messy and a pain. My Rev had 34K miles on it when I bought it, and about 2K miles on the last service (but 12 months). I wanted everything current and as you can likely tell, enjoy this kind of stuff. Chris
You put in a res fridge? Been thinking about doing that.
Which Samsung did you get.
Did it go in the entry door?
Did you put in another inverter?
More batteries?

Thanks
Old 03-02-2014, 09:08 AM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
I hear ya, I haven't noticed any abnormalities with my ride height so haven't felt inclined to measure it. I presume Spartan will give us very specific directions.

When I bought my Rev I decided to do almost everything including:

Engine Oil and filter
Engine Coolant and coolant filter
Engine Air Filter
Hydraulic oil AND both filters
Fuel filters
Transmission fluid (transynd) and filters
Just got ECU upgraded, big help for a symptom I had
Valve Adjustment (mine were pretty far out)
Rear Diff fluid change
Hydraulic Jack system fluid change
Generator Air/Oil/fuel, didn't do coolant.
New Air Dryer cartridge
topped off front hubs, they were actually ok
New Serpentine belt
Cleaned out hot water heater
Resealed top of coach and replaced a skylight.

I also did some updates inside. Removed TV Boxes and mounted flatscreens in front and bedroom, Samsung res. fridge, wallpaper and a few other things. Getting ready to tackle flooring! When I get all done what will I do??

Spartan can hook you up with all of the right fluids and filter media. Use CAT filters if at all possible. Everything above was just like working on a car, just a larger scale. Also, I chose to pay a shop to adjust valves and update ECU, but did everything else in my driveway. One of the hardest parts is getting rid of 10 gallons of coolant and all of the other used fluids. Messy and a pain. My Rev had 34K miles on it when I bought it, and about 2K miles on the last service (but 12 months). I wanted everything current and as you can likely tell, enjoy this kind of stuff.

Chris
What year is your Rev?
I am also going to update the fridge to a Samsung. Does your fridge sit on top of the furnace also? Many mods to the wood trim etc? Sure would be nice to see some pics.
Mjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:24 AM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjay View Post
What year is your Rev? I am also going to update the fridge to a Samsung. Does your fridge sit on top of the furnace also? Many mods to the wood trim etc? Sure would be nice to see some pics.
Inquiring minds wants to know!
Yes if you got some pictures would be great.
Thanks

Tags
maintenance