Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-22-2010, 10:33 PM   #29

So this got me looking at my "2006" Coachman Cross Country and on my registration in says 2005, my insurance says 2005 but we purchased a 2006 model all the paper work says a 2006 coachman Cross Country but it looks like the title and the registration is for a 2005 what the heck do I do about this is it a 2005 or a 2006? cause if its a 2005 not a 2006 someone has some explaining to do? The sales guys sell whats on the lot and sell it how its listed on there sell sheets.... It would seem to me this is somebody in the office that messed up!
motofamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2010, 10:36 PM   #30

Workhorse Chassis Owner
what MONTH is your 2005/06
what month did the MY change on your coach
what year is your chassis
what month is your chassis
what month did the MY change on your chassis

who cares, tags & insurance would be cheaper at 2005 LOL
Old 09-23-2010, 12:57 AM   #31

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
My coach says built May 2005, chassis March 2005, Reg. says 2005. I had the option of a 2006 when I ordered for a little over $1'000 for a 2006 model. Same coach, 2006 0r 2005. Same Delivery Date, I chose the 2005 for $1,500 less.
Yep, the games are played. What a mess.
FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:16 AM   #32

Don't want to sound like I'm nitpiking here. If the manual and Fleetwood stated it was a 2007 model I would be happy. Don't care if it was built June 2006. However there were substantial changes between those two model years. That was when they switched between CRT TV's and LCD's. Also the backup camera went from CRT B&W to color LCD, and a few other changes. Also the price went substantially higher. So it would appear I was charged for all this and didn't get it.

Jack
jshidemantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:49 PM   #33

Workhorse Chassis Owner
don't want to sound like i'm knockin you down jshidemantle but why did you accept delivery of it if that isn't what you paid for. you obviously know what you're talking about and know your differences between the two models, so why did you accept something different.... just askin?
Old 09-24-2010, 07:03 AM   #34

I went through this same thing when I bought my '02 Storm. The VIN clearly states I have a 2001 Ford F-53 chassis but the TITLE says model year 2002... I have a 2001 Ford Owner's Manual and '02 Fleetwood paperwork.
I thought someone was 'trying to pull a fast one' but after contacting my secretary of state (DMV) they informed me that legally, the title is all that matters. In your case, if the title says '05, it's an '05... if it says '06, it's an '06. If the dealer sold you on an '06 and made you pay for an '06 and then you found out that Fleetwood sold it as an '05, then the dealership misrepresented it and they owe you a partial refund.

If it were me, I'd tell them I want to return the vehicle for a full refund. I bet they'll solve the issue real fast. They would have to resell it as an '05 if indeed it is an '05.

Honestly, just casually mention that you're thinking about asking them to take it back and see what they say. Good Luck.
neo102470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:56 PM   #35

Just returned from 4 days at a state park.
Why did I accept delivery? That is a fair question Chris. I did not find out until after delivery that it was a 2006. They cleverly did not include the owner manual info until after I took delivery. That was at 5:30 PM and we were then busy doing our transfer of stuff. Anyone who has been through that knows that takes a few hours. So I didn't even look at the manual until the next day after we departed from the dealer.
We live 400 miles from the dealer. They hinted we could bring the coach back. May have to consider that but sure woulld prefer not to. They transfered the 32" LCD from our fifth wheel to this MH along with our stacked washer and dryer. Wife did not care for a combination washer/dryer. So that would mean transfering all that back again. Of course that's more incentive for the dealer to want to keep us happy.

After we arrived at home I removed the 20" CRT bedroom TV and replaced it with a 24" LCD. So may have gotten ahead of myself there.
Will see what happens, I'll keep everyone posted. The dealer seems to want to help us out. But it seems Freightliner and Fleetwood should share in this.

Jack
Old 09-27-2010, 03:05 PM   #36

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshidemantle View Post
But it seems Freightliner and Fleetwood should share in this.
OK, you lost me on that one. If Freightliner sold Fleetwood a 2006 chassis that Fleetwood put on the lot and eventually built a box on and titled as a 2007 motorhome, why should Freightliner bear any liability? As many others have posted, it's common practice for a 2007 motorhome to be built on a 2006 model year chassis.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:23 AM   #37

No, Freightliner sold Fleetwood a 2007 chassis. Then Fleetwood proceeded to build a 2006 MH on it. Since the chassis vin was a 2007 the MH was titled as a 2007. However Fleetwood's owners manual states it's a 2006. And I have a recent letter from Fleetwood stating it's a 2006.
What I don't know is what changes Freightliner made in a 2007 chassis so I could identify if it really is a 2007 or someone just goofed and gave it a 2007 vin #.

Jack
Old 09-28-2010, 08:36 AM   #38

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshidemantle View Post
No, Freightliner sold Fleetwood a 2007 chassis. Then Fleetwood proceeded to build a 2006 MH on it.
Then how in the world is Freightliner culpable of anything in this scenario??

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:44 PM   #39
Moderator Emeritus

The chassis VIN is irrelevant in any case. The title year is legally required to be based on the year shown in the Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin, which Fleetwood issued when the coach was completed and delivered to a dealer. If Fleetwood's MCO said 2006, but some DMV clerk used the VIN year instead of the MCO to assign the year on the original title, that's where the mistake was made. Everyone after that point would have been forced to use the year shown on the title, because that becomes the controlling legal document.

You are going to have to get the original MCO resurrected to set things right. If that's what happened, the dealer acted in good faith and so did Fleetwood.

Freightliner really has nothing to do with it - they just assign the VIN to the unfinished chassis according to their own year designations for their chassis.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:49 AM   #40

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
On all Fleetwood MHs there is a sticker on the drivers side front that has the year model on it. Look at that and see what it has to say. But as stated the title is what counts and that reflects the MSO. In the boat business one builder I know changes MY on a certain date. So the first number of boats in a new MY will look like the previous year (early 2005 will look like a 2004 with a 2005 SR#). We would quite often get the 2005 boats before the owners manual, so we would give out a 2004 owners manual with a note stating a 2005 manual to follow at a later date. It's all a muddy mess.
Lakeman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:22 PM   #41

Gary what you explained makes sense. Some one at the DMV obviously went by the VIN #. The sticker on the front driver side states June 2006. At any rate the dealer came through and is offering a settlement which we agreed with. So glad to see they stepped up to the plate. The MH never should have been marketed as a 2007 but you know how salesmen are. They will jump on every opportunity.

Jack
Old 10-05-2010, 09:05 PM   #42

Just out of curiosity, Did you buy the coach used ? Three pages of discussion on this one. If purchased new in 2007 why is this comming up now ? Was the coach purchased recently.

The dealer if offering any kind of settlement is going above and beyond as it does not sound as if anyone was trying to deceive...
TerraTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote