Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2018, 07:01 AM   #1

2006 "Fill Tank" bypass switch

I need to replace the Fill Tank switch in my rig, it's leaking and getting progressively worse. First let me saw Fleetwood was no help.

The valve handle is about 3 inches long and black, there are two positions Fill Tank and Bypass. I would like the name of the manufacturer and P/N if possible. Fleetwood said it was no longer made and gave me a picture of a replacement valve that looks like the little chrome shut off valve on your bathroom sink. One would think they would have the manufacturers name in their archives even if it were no longer made.

If I can get the manufacturer and P/N, I feel confidant I can find one on the net. Or in lieu of that, an RV outlet selling used parts may have one. But I can't do much research without the maker and P/N.

Thanks for any help and your time.

Margaret - She who must be obeyed.
Tincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2018, 05:07 AM   #2

Look like this?Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0132.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	184.1 KB
ID:	226915
Old 11-23-2018, 07:33 AM   #3

No, I wish it were. This valve is 3 inches long, maybe 3/8 inch wide and black. I tried to attach a photo but I screwed something up.

From what I understand about the valve is that over time there are a couple of nylon components inside the valve that get damaged if the valve is operated under pressure and the best and easiest way to repair it is to simply replace the innards rather than attempt to remove the valve. As usual, the valve is mounted in such a way as to make replacement of it almost impossible without major work.

Margaret - She who must be obeyed.
Tincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 09:58 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

It's probably just a simple on/off water valve, so any kind would do. Some use a diverter-type, though. A diverter is a Tee with a valve, whereas the simpler shutoff bypass is an inline type that simply lets the water bypass the pump. That's what my '04 Tradition had.

If you insist on the identical valve, Rev Group (Fleetwood) parts can probably supply it.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 10:17 PM   #5

From your description it sounds like a Kant Leak value. They are made by Anderson Brass in SC and the innards are fairly easy to replace. They have excellent instructions that come with the innards. Cost about $25 for replacement part.
You can get help on their website, just Google Anderson Brass.
Hope that helps.
bobsea43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 06:01 AM   #6

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
If you insist on the identical valve, Rev Group (Fleetwood) parts can probably supply it.
I think he mentioned that Fleetwood (REV) was no help in locating a replacement in his 2nd sentence.
Old 11-25-2018, 07:33 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry - I missed the comment that Fleetwood couldn't help. Seems odd, since new coaches have a similar (if not identical) city fill (bypass) valve.

If Rev/Fleetwood can't help, take the old one out and go to a plumbing supply house. It's a standard plumbing item except for the labeling.

Here's a 10-pack on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Brass-Valve-S.../dp/B01MAY9PNB
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 08:09 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Do you know what kind of piping you have? My valve is a simple in and out on PEX tubing. I bought a replacement at an RV supply store. I was sure it had to be a 3 way before I got a look at it.

Tags
switch, tank