Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2023, 10:31 AM   #127

I got several different kinds from Amazon...I believe it's one of the two here:

AOICANKI 20pcs Super Bright RV Trailer T10 921 194 42-SMD 12V Car Backup Reverse LED Lights Bulbs Light Width Lamp Warm White

Dayker G4 LED Light Bulb 2W Jc Type Bi-pin Base 15W Halogen Replacement Daylight for Ceiling Lighting, Under Counter Lighting, Puck Lighting(10 Pack)

Pay attention to the size because they need to be relatively small to fit in that housing.

Good luck!

Randy
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2023, 02:41 PM   #128

Nemisus, think I have a sister 40x, exact year, make, and model.

Have had mine for 3 years now. I work with an RV tech to assist with my problems.

Freight liner services my chassis
Cummins services the engine

I do small stuff like fix the steps etc.

Feel free to ask me questions, and if not too technical, I’ll try to answer.

This was my first RV and loving it!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9033.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	345.4 KB
ID:	391104
JACKARMYRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 03:00 PM   #129

Ceiling Harness!

Thanks Jack!

I was always a sucker for the White Diamond Scheme. Good looking Rig you got there.

Not a lot of updating to report but I did finally get some time today and cleaned up the ceiling harness's. Next step is removing the dreadful roof repair the PO attempted. Getting real close to designing the ceiling and putting on the new roof. Once that's done I do believe I'll take it out and test it.

I've got some work left on the AC wire but the main ceiling harness is sorted.

Thanks for look

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ceiling Harness 5.JPEG
Views:	26
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	391107   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ceiling Harness 2.JPEG
Views:	26
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	391108  

Old 04-23-2023, 09:38 PM   #130

One thing I forgot to mention above is that today I started and ran it for a bit and noticed that the only two gauges that worked were the air front and rear. All others didn't move from zero. Is there something I should check?

When I turn the key on you can here the motors but the needles do not cycle from right to left.

Cheers everyone!
Old 04-26-2023, 09:08 PM   #131

Greetings iRV2,

So my wife and decided to make a push and see if we can get this thing "usable" by Memorial Day weekend. I think we're nuts but we are going to give a shot.

Couple things that are critical important to get resolved before hand.

First: air leak in tank block. Several post ago I mentioned I discovered a crack in the pass sided air tank block. The block that provides air to the air brakes!

Today I removed the block and you'll see by the photo's attached it cracked all the way through! I have no idea how something liked this could happen other than water in the line and a quick freeze?

Second: Early I spoke of a raw diesel smell at the back when ever I stopped. I was able to locate a sign that there is indeed something leaking. Not enough to leave a puddle, but enough to slowly drip as the harness below is covered in it. I can't see any signs of a leak but I am not really sure where to look? Anything on the passenger side of the engine I should look at?

Third: The auto levers. Not a big deal if I can't fix but it'd be nice.

Fourth: While I was removing the air tank block I got a good look at the front air bags. My gut tells me these are shot but I thought I'd ask the pros their opinion. Please see pictures attached. I see quite a bit of cracking at the bottom.

Hope to have the air leak resolved by this weekend.

Cheers

Nem
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Tank block 2.JPEG
Views:	20
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	391382   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tank block.JPEG
Views:	23
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	391383  

Name:	Air Bag Left.JPEG
Views:	25
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	391384   Click image for larger version

Name:	Air Bag Right.JPEG
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	391385  

Old 04-27-2023, 06:29 AM   #132

Good morning iRV2,

Was able to do some searching and found what I needed to fix the Air leak. Should have that this weekend.

Curious,

does anyone know if this push lock fitting with a smaller hole is relevant? Or will any push lock fitting work in its place. This one failed and I could not get the line out of it.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Push Lock.JPEG
Views:	19
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	391407  
Old 04-27-2023, 07:59 AM   #133

Hey Nem,

Memorial Day sounds like a very aggressive date, but more power to you!

I wish I knew something about any of your issues, but I've never had to deal with a fuel leak or air bag issues, though I have a leak somewhere in my air system. Have not been able to hear it leaking anywhere, so no real idea of where it might be.

Good luck!!!

Randy
Old 04-27-2023, 08:17 AM   #134

Hey RK,

It is an ambitious goal but realistically if we got the sub ceiling installed with some lights, the air leak, fuel leak and hub seal leak fixed the rest of the times could probably be held off. Kind of like a builder we can use while we build.

If it doesn't work out we have the our nice restored 99 Rexhall we can use.

Crossing fingers we make some progress
Old 05-04-2023, 08:05 AM   #135

Greetings everyone!

Haven't posted any progress in a few days. Ended up quite under the weather last weekend just as we tore into more interior repairs.

I don't have any pics with me now but will post up later. We went in with the intent on getting the sub ceiling installed. Or at the least an idea on what to use. I ended up taking a close look at the wall in the bedroom that follows the hall. For whatever weird reason the PO installed an additional wall over the the OEM wall. The job was... well you can probably guess. Not very good!

I have removed most of the "additional" wall as well as the OEM wall down to the foam insultation. Might have a few spots to fill but otherwise it is close to ready for the new wall. We picked up enough 1/4 birch plywood (nice smooth sanded side) to use for the wall and sub ceiling. With a little luck I'll have that at least started this weekend.

Supposed to rain so I might take a break.

I did get the air tank leak resolved. Ended up replacing the block and pop off valve.

Received my parts to repair the right side front brake and hub seal. Ended up with new seal, shoes and a hub. Probably didn't need the hub but figured why not have it just in case.

Lastly,

Does anyone with a like model, year and size know exactly where the ESN is? I read that its on the pass side but I for the life of me can't see it. I am 6'2 and 226 lbs so fitting in that tight spot proves to be a challenge.

Any hints will be appreciated,

Cheers and stay tune for some photo's.

Thanks,
Old 05-05-2023, 11:20 AM   #136

I'm not really sure what an ESN actually is???

I'm still amazed at what your PO has done to "upgrade" the rig......

Best of luck, and looking forward to seeing some pics...

Randy
Old 05-05-2023, 02:53 PM   #137

Hey there RK,

Engine Serial Number (ESN) I've narrowed it down to two places I just have to get up in the engine bay and see what I can find. Sadly there isn't much to see through the access hole under the bed.

my Wife and I have given the PO some colorful nick names for sure. Speaking of names we are pretty sure we are going to name the MH Scourge. Sort of goes with Excursion and by definition causes one to suffer. LOL, I joke as we are really enjoying this build.

I'll have some photo's this weekend for sure.

Cheers
Old 05-09-2023, 09:07 AM   #138

Good morning iRV2,

Once again I didn't get much done over the weekend. Still trying to recover from this Bronchitis.

I did managed to get the right front hub assembly off and ready for rebuild. Have the brake shoes, brake hardware, new seal and bought upgraded hubs with a viewing window.

Right now I am just waiting on some additional tools needed to finish the job. All in all this would have taken an hour if I had everything!

You can see from the pics the entire assembly is saturated in oil. Shame too since there is so few miles on it.

The only other thing we got around to, well mostly my wife, was repairing one of the bedroom closet doors. When we picked it up it was half mounted with the mirror missing.

She did an exceptional job if you ask me.

Anyhow, enjoy the photo's and I'll do my best to get more added.

Thanks and Cheers
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Hub.JPEG
Views:	20
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	392517   Click image for larger version

Name:	Drum.JPEG
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	392518  

Name:	Right hub 2.JPEG
Views:	18
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	392519   Click image for larger version

Name:	Right hub.JPEG
Views:	24
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	392520  

Name:	Bedroom Closet Door 3.JPEG
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	392521   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bedroom closet Door.JPEG
Size:	165.0 KB
ID:	392522  

Name:	Bedroom Closet Door 21.JPEG
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	392523  
Old 05-10-2023, 09:58 AM   #139

Beautiful job on the closet door restoration!! Looks great!

Any idea why/how you're getting all that oil in the brake drum area?

Randy
Old 05-10-2023, 11:30 AM   #140

Good morning RK,

From what I've learned there are only two reasons why this would occur.

The gasket on the oiler hub fails.
The inner bearing seal on the spindle hub fails.

This case its the inner bearing seal. I have read a little that this was a common issue on the Freightliners in the year range. Usually always the right side. Unfortunately this happened on our journey home from VA. Right around AZ I started noticing a hard pull to the left when braking. Didn't really think anything of it but mentally noted an issue. Of course I know now that with the pads saturated in oil, resulted in a hard pull to the opposite side.

Another give away, hindsight looking forward... is the smell of heated gear oil when stopping. Now this might just be me but heated gear oil has a very familiar propane smell to it. At the time we knew of a slight leak in the water heater and "assumed" it was that reaching the front when we stopped.

It wasn't till I ran the remote wire for the new Inverter/Charger that I got a good look at the inner wheel.

On another note I was able to locate the data plate on the engine. There is a cluster of wire harness's hiding it but I at least know where to pull my ESN.

Got a decent look at the engine as well and can't tell where my fuel leak is but there is a seep of sort as it'll smell like raw diesel after you run it for a few.

Should get the remaining tools need to finish the Brakes today. Just have to feel up to it.

Cheers and till next time

Nem

Tags
2007, fleetwood