Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2020, 11:40 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
2007 Revolution LE 40E fresh water tank drain

Hello Everyone.

Flushed and sanitized the fresh water tank on our new to us Revolution LE 40E yesterday. When draining the fresh water tanks I did not find or could not find a water tank dump valve other then the hot and cold low point vales in the wet bay. I did find two vales in one of my basements on the passenger side toward middle of coach but when I opened them up very little water came out. Found the water heater drain and of course the petcock on the hot water tank. Only way to drain the fresh water tank was I used the bypass valve in the wet bay and it appeared to drain,, very very slowly out of the cold water low point drain. On my last coach which was a 35 foot bounder there was a pvc 1" line with a ball valve that when opened, would drain the 75 gallon water tank in about 10 minutes.

On the Revolution it took a couple of hours using the low point cold water drain. I must be missing a larger valve location. Can anyone with a Revolution help?

Thank you.
Stonehands is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2020, 11:49 AM   #2

American Coach Owners Club
Don't have the Revolution but it sounds like the same setup Fleetwood used on the American Tradition. If it is then you're right that's the only drain point. It is slow. Like you we had a 1" drain on our old HR Admiral which drained really fast.
mhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 01:07 PM   #3

Spartan Chassis
No dump on 2008 revolution. The two drains in the wet bay and a small on on the other side is all you have. My Alpine coach had what your talking about but I never found one on my REV. If you find one? Let me know. Gator
gatorv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 01:23 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
If while draining, you open the heater bypass valve, in the wet bay, it drains very fast.
Old 03-30-2020, 01:44 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by krivanj View Post
If while draining, you open the heater bypass valve, in the wet bay, it drains very fast.
My heater bypass valve in inside the coach in the master bathroom. I will give that a try and thank you.
Old 03-30-2020, 01:45 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhudson View Post
Don't have the Revolution but it sounds like the same setup Fleetwood used on the American Tradition. If it is then you're right that's the only drain point. It is slow. Like you we had a 1" drain on our old HR Admiral which drained really fast.
Thank you MHudson. My previous coach was a Fleetwood Bounder 35B. It would drain in 10 minutes or less opening it up. It was even called a Quick Drain. Love my Revolution and this is no big deal if that is all I have to work with.
Old 03-30-2020, 01:48 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorv View Post
No dump on 2008 revolution. The two drains in the wet bay and a small on on the other side is all you have. My Alpine coach had what your talking about but I never found one on my REV. If you find one? Let me know. Gator
thank you Gatorrv. I can live with it as long as I know that is good as it gets. I was under the coach this weekend and was wondering what that belly pan on my Revolution is hiding. It goes from the just behind the front air bags to the rear air bags. Bet its pretty clean in there.
Old 03-31-2020, 04:36 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorv View Post
Gator. I crawled under the coach in the storage bay with the water tank in it. In my Revolution it is between the frame rails and you can get to in if you crawl into the bay.

No quick dump off the fresh water tank. As said earlier and I’m sure confirmed, the 2 wet bay low point drains are your tank drain.

I also have 2 drained in the same bay I found the water tank in and trace those lines. They are hot and cold drains but are not tapped into the tank but go up into the kitchen. Looks like they are there to assist the draining of the kitchen faucets which also look to drain the dishwasher. Thank you for your help.
Old 03-31-2020, 07:30 AM   #9

Yes just the ones it the wet bay. If you flip the bypass fill valve it will run faster. I had a big problem with my hot water going bad and smelling. I have to drain and add bleach about 3 times during the summer. My hot water tank just has a nylon drain plug. I don't see any anode rod
Old 03-31-2020, 09:55 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I did not quite call the valve the correct name. I just went out and looked. It is called the "water tank bypass valve". It is in the wet bay. Opening that (to a horizontal valve position) is what helps.
Old 03-31-2020, 09:57 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
anode rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by surelink View Post
Yes just the ones it the wet bay. If you flip the bypass fill valve it will run faster. I had a big problem with my hot water going bad and smelling. I have to drain and add bleach about 3 times during the summer. My hot water tank just has a nylon drain plug. I don't see any anode rod
If you have an Attwood water heater, no anode rod. Only the Suburban water heaters have anode rods.
Old 03-31-2020, 10:00 AM   #12

Spartan Chassis
There is some wiring and hoses inside the belly pans. I had to replace 4 hydraulic hoses. One to each Jack, I ran the new ones inside the belly pans. There easy to take on and off. Just FYI.
gatorv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 12:12 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
I did not quite call the valve the correct name. I just went out and looked. It is called the "water tank bypass valve". It is in the wet bay. Opening that (to a horizontal valve position) is what helps.
I knew what you were referring to krivanj.

Agreed. Turning to bypass does help to drain faster. Thank you.
Old 03-31-2020, 12:12 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
If you have an Attwood water heater, no anode rod. Only the Suburban water heaters have anode rods.
That’s good to know and thank you krivanj.

Thank you.

Tags
fresh water, revolution, tank, water