Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2015, 06:01 PM   #1

2007 Revolution LE needs roof

Let me preface this by saying we are still relatively new to RVing. Bought this coach used three years ago from what turns out was a disreputable dealer and have encountered TONS of issues with no resolve from them. Our latest "finding" is that what we thought was a small leak that hubby has worked diligently to stop has evidently been present forever and now we must tear out the bathroom ceiling and do a bunch of work. Hubby feels we need to replace the whole roof - a fiberglass one. I've heard about this stuff called RV Armor. Anyone have any experience with it or recommendations?
MamaKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2015, 06:10 PM   #2

Replacing a 1 piece 40ft fiberglass roof would be a huge task if you could get one and get it shipped. Maybe something like a rhino liner or reglass it I can't imagine the whole roof being bad.
Old 06-26-2015, 07:51 PM   #3

See my blog post at the following link for a description of what we did to ours, and some photos:

Our Motor Home Roof Rehab - FMCA Motorhome Forums

This product may not be as robust as RV Armor, but looks like it will meet our needs.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:56 PM   #4

Roof Rehab

Thanks. Any help or suggestions is much appreciated. Checking out your link. Also going to look into what reglass is. Never heard of it, but as I said, this is relatively new to us.
Old 06-26-2015, 09:50 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrampaDennis View Post
See my blog post at the following link for a description of what we did to ours, and some photos:

Our Motor Home Roof Rehab - FMCA Motorhome Forums

This product may not be as robust as RV Armor, but looks like it will meet our needs.
Did you pull your AC units when you where edging?
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 10:19 PM   #6

Is it possible to post any pictures of the issues on the roof?
Old 06-27-2015, 05:35 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchero View Post
Did you pull your AC units when you where edging?
I did not pull the AC units, but I did take the covers off them. The original roof coating does not get the sun damage in under the edges of the AC units. The video instructions for the Ultimate Roof product suggested that there was no need to remove the AC units unless there was a known problem there.

My AC covers are replacements that I put on when a got the coach, a couple years ago. The originals were brittle and cracked. The rear one had an altercation with some tree limbs and wires when my son backed the coach into his driveway. I believe one of my earlier posts in the FMCA blog tells that story.
Old 06-27-2015, 06:32 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaKat View Post
Thanks. Any help or suggestions is much appreciated. Checking out your link. Also going to look into what reglass is. Never heard of it, but as I said, this is relatively new to us.
Since the roof is made of fiber and glass/resin put another coat of resin over it.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:52 AM   #9

We have a local company here that specializes in reroofing rv's. they use a coating similar to rhino liner I guess. I have seen there work and I would use them If I needed it done on mine. Maybe you have something similar in your neck of the woods. The one I'm talking about is in Green Cove Springs FL. Small town outside of Jacksonville FL. I think it's rvroof.com or something close to that.
asuperheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 11:44 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
You may not need to replace an fiberglass roof . Probably leaking around edges or AC,skylights, fan covers, etc.
But should you need to to replace here is a good system
Rv-armor.com
Old 06-28-2015, 12:04 PM   #11

Pictures?
Old 06-28-2015, 12:32 PM   #12

I don't have pictures from the top, but can get them. This what we found when I tore a piece of the "improperly installed" bubbled wallpaper in the bathroom. He' s out there tearing out the wood from walls and ceilings. Gotta figure out how to get the cabinets out as well. Trying to figure out how to add pics.
Old 06-28-2015, 12:40 PM   #13

Here is what we found inside.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	98601  
Old 06-28-2015, 12:42 PM   #14

Pic. 2