Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2021, 03:39 PM   #1

American Coach Owners Club
2008 American Tradition /Plumbing ?

Hello Everyone,
2008 American Coach 42F
Kitchen sink is not draining normally, very slow.
Disconnected all sink pipes below and cleaned, replaced Studa Vent, still slow.
Looked in basement below kitchen sink and don't see any waste water piping.
Took draws out in kitchen cabinets and see drain pipe, but don't see any clean outs. All other sinks and shower drain fine.
Any suggestions ?
RDKCSSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2021, 09:36 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Rarely are clean-outs provided. Depending on the physical layout, the kitchen gray drain probably tees to the shower or bath drain and then flows to the gray tank. You can try the usual plumbing techniques, i.e. plungers, drain snakes, and drain opener chemicals. Just don't use any chemicals that generate heat or are not septic-safe.

Good luck!
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 09:15 AM   #3

I had same problem on 2008 Tradition. I found the drain line where it comes out of slide had some bad kinks. The easiest way to see it is to remove the utility cover in baggage compartment with slide in . Would be happy to provide more info.
rctfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 09:55 AM   #4

Plumbing Fixed

Thanks to all that replied.
Used an electricians snake and secured a small piece of cloth and sent it threw drain pipe. When i extracted it, it threw-up on me, literally, gross. Did it one more time, same thing, cleaned everything up, all fixed. Suggestions for others; dont put snake further then beginning of flex. Put large pot under pipe to prevet big mess. Lastly, boiled large pot of water, mixed in good portion of Dawn and dump into sink, twice. Dont know if that accomplished anything, but more piece of mind. Clog seemed to be concentrated in 2 90' & 1 45' in slide drain pipe, no further.
RDKCSSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 01:07 PM   #5

I wonder if a previous owner put grease down the drain ?? My son ran a rv tank cleaning business and found that happened a lot.
kengardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 02:13 PM   #6

I had a kitchen sink that failed to drain several months ago. I was able to loosen the clog with baking soda and vinegar followed by a couple of tugs with a small plumber's helper designed for sinks. A couple of weeks ago it happened again. This time I wasn't able to clear it so I ended up laying on my back and disassembled the P trap. Fortunately, I had placed a plastic tub under the P trap. Two blobs of grease came out. They looked like wadded up napkins but turned out to be grey colored grease.
I have told DW many times to wipe all the food and grease off the plates, pots and skillets into the plastic lined trash can. I have also repeatedly told her all the duplex outlets in our coach are on the same 20 amp circuit so she can't use more than one 1500 watt heater on High and one on Low(750 watts) without me having to go out and reset the 20 amp circuit breaker on the inverter. Oh well, I'll get dressed and trek outside to the CB or go spend my afternoon on my back dealing with the sink.
[emoji40][emoji382][emoji382]... [emoji382][emoji40][emoji106]
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
FL420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 02:59 PM   #7

Spartan Chassis
Might be old news now.... But pulling the right side kitchen drawers you will see the grey flexible drain hose that moves as the slide ext and retract... its not perfect design most likely there...
good luck

Tags
plumbing