Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-11-2010, 12:13 AM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to needlenoses
2008 Bounder 35E Entertainment Wiring.

New here!! Hope that I am posting in the correct location. Picked up this preownde motorhome and I am trying to figure out some of the entertainment cabling. It has been messed with quite a bit. Good thing that most of the cables are still marked.. First question; is one of the two cables marked SATALITE hidden up in the ceiling somewhere, or somewhere else. The other of the two runs from the left compartment to the right compartment and is plugged into the VCS-3 switch. I was looking for a way to mount mt sat. receiver on the left side using an existing cable. The other option of course is to mount it on the left side and use the park cable. (I an using a portable external dish). I used a tone generator to trace unknown cables, but could not trace the one left side SAT cable. Thought that it may even be tucked away behind the front TV. I have already replaced the 20 inch rear tv with a 26 inch, so there is nothing else hidden back there. Help would be appreciated!!
needlenoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2010, 06:43 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'll answer from my experience. I have a Tracvision mounted on the roof and it has two cables that come into the compartment over the drivers seat where the switch box and dvd player are.

When I use my portable dish, I run the cable through the window and attach to the back of the switch box. Mine will not work if I hook it to the "park cable" box in the "plumbing bay".

I hope this is of some help.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:08 PM   #3

Update

Still have not been able to TRACE out that one cable marked SATALITE; have decided to use (in the mean time) the cable-run for the third TV position in the outside "cuby" next to the main door. In my case, I don't see a time where I will be watching TV outside. Too much other fun around. I will do another search tomorrow for the mystery cable. I am like a "dog with a bone". At least in my case the cabling was in disarray, but tagged!!
Old 10-12-2010, 08:26 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
The Park Cable works great you just have to run a cable from the right side to the left side I drilled holes on both sides of the TV to run the cable or just string it out the front of the cabinets. I had to run power to the left side for my inverter to power the sat.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:53 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Regarding your bedroom TV replacement, what model did you get? Did you have to modify the mounting bracket at all? I would like to get a larger TV in there also, as well as a larger one up front if possible.
ljr869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:37 PM   #6

Bedroom TV CHange

Changed out the CRT flatscreen to a Samsung 26 inch. Not sure of the model #, but I can send it if required. It sits ouside the outer panrel. I modified the removable front panel to take the bracket I chose. It is a fixed bracket with a 5 degree tilt. Weakest link will definately be the screws into cack of set (added two extra). Tomorrow I pull out my portable SAT dish and test all the runs and both TVs. My pan is to pick up another TV as I pass through Oregon next month.
Now if only we could get our levelers (power Gear) working!!! Dealership has been trying since mid August!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1014.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	239.1 KB
ID:	6073   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1017.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	258.6 KB
ID:	6074  

Tags