Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2019, 12:27 PM   #1

2008 Discovery

Having problems with my keyless door entry read somewhere that there is a control box that I need to push before I can reset Can anyone help me locate this box. Thanks for all help
mrrebel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2019, 12:43 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
On my expedition the box is behind a swing out panel right below my radio and rear video monitor. Black box with a wire hanging out of it. If you searc this site for keyless entry reset procedure for Fleetwood you can reset the system..
GlenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 12:50 PM   #3

Thanks at work now but when i get home today I will look there
Old 04-11-2019, 03:33 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrebel77 View Post
Having problems with my keyless door entry read somewhere that there is a control box that I need to push before I can reset Can anyone help me locate this box. Thanks for all help

You change batteries in key fob?
Old 04-11-2019, 06:08 PM   #5

Got home and didn't find any compartment around radio or monitor. It's on a 2008 discovery
Old 04-11-2019, 08:25 PM   #6

yes fob is working red light comes on when I press button
Old 04-12-2019, 05:40 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Got home and didn't find any compartment around radio or monitor. It's on a 2008 discovery
On the swing out magazine rack or whatever you call it. Under dash between seats. Located under the radio and backup monitor.
Old 04-14-2019, 03:28 PM   #8

Had a problem with the remote a few days ago. Replaced the 12 vdc battery in the fob and the fob operated the door lock. A day later it didn't. If you here a faint click while operating the fob inside the coach, the FOB and controller is working.

I found the problem was DIRT and GRIME on the 2 ball contacts located inside the door jam and between the entry middle and lower door hinge. These 2 balls are brass and spring loaded and carry the voltage to the door lock, the porch light, the grab handles light and the entry step lights..

I got out my CRC Contact cleaner (Walmart auto department), wiped and sprayed these balls and fixed the problem. Don't forget to clean the 2 balls on the door it's self that makes contact with the door jam balls!

Also your Discover has an access door (into the "dog house") with a magnetic latch, located as part and below the snack try. Pull the door with a quick action, from the middle right between the wood and vinyl and it will swing open. Once opened get familiarized with the fuse boxes, remote entry controller/w reset button, radio controller and LOTS of other stuff and carefully clean out the dirt and dust!

Hope this helps
Old 04-16-2019, 05:45 AM   #9

Thanks for all help. I would not have found that compartment if y'all would not have told me. Found the controller but my problem seems to be bad box. Wires where it plugs in are or melted along with plug
Old 04-18-2019, 11:03 AM   #10

More help needed all I can find is rke100fw. Rev f any one know if this is replacing the one I pulled out witch is eke 100fw. Rev d
Old 04-18-2019, 11:04 AM   #11

RKE100FW Rev D
Old 04-18-2019, 04:03 PM   #12

Quote:
Thanks for all help. I would not have found that compartment if y'all would not have told me. Found the controller but my problem seems to be bad box. Wires where it plugs in are or melted along with plug

Okay you found the CONTROLLER for the keyless entry. The part numbers you are posting are for the handheld remote that transmits to the controller.

Your Controller wiring suffered a major high current short. Not good. Can you take out the Controller and open it? If so, do you see burnt parts or circuit board? If not it MAY be ok. Next make a drawing of the connector and burnt wire colors replace the wires and splice in new ones replace the connector. Pay attention the the connector orientation when you connect the wires so they go to the correct pin on the connector!

At this point I would take a volt meter and find the ground wire and 12 vdc wire at the connector and check for 12 vdc. If none, then find and check the fuse. Once you have 12 volts at the connector plug it in and feel the wires, if they get warm unplug connector ASAP. This means their is still a short between the wires on the connector or the controller.

Options are to replace the keyless entry with another manufacturer or check the internet and RV salvage yards for yours.
Old 04-18-2019, 04:10 PM   #13

Quote:
RKE100FW Rev D

Part number is for the remote not controller. see link for remote https://www.keylessremotewarehouse.c...waAv6aEALw_wcB
Old 04-18-2019, 04:25 PM   #14

Regarding the burnt wires.. When the ac is on the duct sweats and may drip directly on the controller.

Tags
cover, discovery