Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-14-2015, 11:39 AM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
I'm partial to michelins, but hankook makes an awesome product as well
Xeena(German Shepard)
brian-nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2015, 08:05 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Well, after much research I have decided to stay with my stock size for way too many reasons! There are just too many down sides to trying to upgrade.....Speedometer, Computers, Body Panels, Space Between Duals....etc.
I also made the decision to go with Hankook after speaking with a ton of people the discussion was very positive on the Hankook side. The Toyo was the next choice but the ride is a little harsher. I am getting them installed in two weeks and I will let you guys know what I think!
I always suggest you do your own research but, I have way too many hours into this one. lol
Brian.....I am watching for some polishing work!
Craig N Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 10:31 AM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Craig, which ones you going with? AH12's?
DegoRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 06:30 AM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DegoRed View Post
Craig, which ones you going with? AH12's?
Yes, the AH12's have the best rating for our coaches!
Old 05-17-2015, 03:08 PM   #19

Just put 4 AH12s on the rear of my Bounder diesel in the same size you need 2 trips taken on them the ride is great very quiet I will do them again in 7 years when these age out.
rocky34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 06:13 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Update: I took the coach in this morning and had my new Hankook Steers install and balanced! They ride great and look good too!
So far I noticed the ride is far better than my older Good Year 670's

On the bright side.....my rears were fully inspected and are in great shape so, they will remain for another year!
After a close inspection on the fronts.....just a little rivering and wear, other than that they look very good!

I think I made a good choice with the Hankook AH12's!
Old 06-01-2015, 11:15 AM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Try these Craig

Sign me up! I'm there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-19-2015, 01:20 PM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig N Deb View Post
Update: I took the coach in this morning and had my new Hankook Steers install and balanced! They ride great and look good too!
So far I noticed the ride is far better than my older Good Year 670's

On the bright side.....my rears were fully inspected and are in great shape so, they will remain for another year!
After a close inspection on the fronts.....just a little rivering and wear, other than that they look very good!

I think I made a good choice with the Hankook AH12's!
Last Saturday we took MH and a load of Offensive Lineman to a Big on Big tournament. Went ahead and set rig up in parking lot, noticed passenger rear tire was flat. No idea why, not a single scuff on tire, it was just flat. Spent all day(8am to 2pm) calling roadside service guys to come out and fix, could not get a single person to come out, and bet I called 30 places if I called 1.

At end of day, no one ever showed up to fix tire. Got to looking at tire, decided what the heck, put a ratchet strap on it and see it will air up. Sure enough, it aired up fine, drove rig home. All week left rig sitting on tires without jacks down, was curious if tire would go flat again. It stayed full all week, did not even lose a pound of air. No idea why this tire went flat on me last week.

Decided to what the heck, were getting ready to head out for our summer trip, had new Hankook AH-12's put on the fronts this morning. Had one of the fronts put on the back to swap out that tire that went flat last week. In the short ride from Tire Shop to house, Hankook's road really nice, much nicer than the Goodyears that were taken off. Went ahead and saved both old tires, going to keep as a spare for our summer trip. Since I haul a trailer for our Jeep anyhow, have room to store the tires without them being in the way.

My old tires were perfect, yes they were 7 years old, but no cracks, only had 9K miles on them. When off, I looked them over, and had tire shop look them over, both of us could see nothing wrong with them, no signs of cracking, etc. Will sleep better knowing that we have new fronts, even though my wallet is $1K lighter.
DegoRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fleetwood