RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2019, 10:25 PM   #1

2008 Pace Arrow BCC 12v power off in rv

After installing new batteries and re connecting the cables I turned the power buttons on.I checked the voltage at the meter and the house voltage was dropping until I heard a click and the 12v power in the house went off. I thought I did something wrong so I checked all my connections and everything was good. Went through a bunch of tests with the multi tester and it showed low voltage on the left side of the bcc board. Final thing i tried was to start the motor on the RV and voltage was good at the meter. Shut the motor off voltage dropped and click and lights off. I started it again and it was good again good voltage and power shut it off and it took about 10 min for the voltage to go down and click. What am I looking at replacing any help would would be appreciated. I has a RV Custom Products F73-1020 BCC
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-07-2019, 06:02 PM   #2

update

Everything works perfect if I turn the key on and start the motor. Lights work
generator starts Intellitec lights and works charger charging. As soon as the key goes off the voltage starts to bleed off slowly until it finally shuts itself off. What controls this part of the rv? Is it one of the relays in the Bcc? Seems the chassis side is fine.
Old 05-07-2019, 07:26 PM   #3

If I was trouble shooting this. I would disconnect positive wires coming off batteries. See if voltage drop. Could be a bad battery. If it doesn't drop. reconnect each positive one at a time. See what kills it. Make sure your not shorting a positive to mounting frame.

Good Luck
fairway2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 07:52 PM   #4

Take a picture of the batter connections and post it.

Seem like something is wired wrong.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 10:10 PM   #5

I don't mean to sound like a know it all but the batteries are new 2 months ago and no wiring was changed the only thing I did yesterday was disconnect the ground for about 3 hours while I mounted 2 additional batteries that where wired in series then parallel with the original batteries and I triple checked the wiring on the new batteries. I even removed the second set and the same situation occurred. I'm sure it has to do with the 12v switch for the house part. I have been noticing that my voltage gauge always read lower than my inverter screen reading. I'm sure its one of those relay switches in the BCC just not sure what to go after. All of the house batteries are reading 12.9 at the battery.
Old 05-08-2019, 05:23 AM   #6

Can your charger Handel the new size bank? If itís adjustable. Did you change settings?
fairway2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 02:22 PM   #7

After downloading the troubleshooting guide from RV Custom Products and doing some tests I am almost sure the board is fried. I will be calling Rv Custom Products on Monday because I cannot locate a board anywhere on the net. Board CB115 Rev P I don't want to buy the complete BCC if I don't have to.
Old 05-19-2019, 05:45 PM   #8

Figured it out!
Old 05-23-2019, 07:17 PM   #9

I had a problem with 12 V until I realized my main battery not my coach battery was dead. That in my battery disconnect solenoid was sticking closed.

Best of luck
Ken Dahl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power, pace arrow, bcc, ace