Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2014, 12:45 PM   #15

Why be weary? It was listed as scratch and dent. Not like they lied.
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2014, 08:07 PM   #16

They assured me via email that the imperfections would be cosmetic and the unit would bolt in like the new ones they sell. Like I said, it took some serious rework to get it to the point where I could install it. Once the cover is on they all look the same. They tried to imply that it could have happened during shipment. It arrived in great shape on a pallet. They told me that they had tested it before it shipped and I could tell that was true as the condenser fan blade was chewed up where it hit the shroud.
Their reviews are not good, but they do have the lowest prices. If I have another a/c go bad I will pay more and buy elsewhere.
jsim111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 02:01 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have an '05 Providence, with two roof-mounted A/C's. Mine are heat pumps, as heat is selectable, from the T-stat. I read somewhere (wish I could remember where) that when you turn the heat on, the A/C will produce heat, unless the outside temps are below a certain point? If so, the T-stat will revert to the gas furnace. Mine works like that, because I have had the AC on heat and at sometime, the gas heater came on, instead. Anyone concur? Or did I just imagine it?
Old 07-28-2014, 09:28 AM   #18

If you have Airxcel heat pumps, the control box decides when to switch from electric/heat pump to gas heat. If the control box notices that those units are not keeping up with your desired thermostat setting it will shut down electric heat and switch to gas. Below 40 degrees the heat pump is pretty much ineffective as a viable heat source.
jsim111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:00 AM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
That's about what I thought was happening, with my A/Cs. The reason I commented on your issue, was to determine if the outside temps were below 40 degrees, when you tried to get your heat pump working. But it seems that you were already aware of that.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:22 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsim111 View Post
If you have Airxcel heat pumps, the control box decides when to switch from electric/heat pump to gas heat. If the control box notices that those units are not keeping up with your desired thermostat setting it will shut down electric heat and switch to gas. Below 40 degrees the heat pump is pretty much ineffective as a viable heat source.

I have two of the Airxcel heat pumps on my 07 Discovery. I can select electric or propane via the mode button. As stated above the furnace will "supliment" the heat if need be.

I use the heat pumps when plugged in rather than burn my propane.
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:46 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I have the same coach as the poster and I like having heat pump units that way when on hook ups I can run the heat pumps instead of using my propane for heating.