Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2018, 06:52 PM   #1

Question 2008 Revolution plumbing access????

We have a 2008 Revolution 42K with a bath and a half on the passenger's side of the rig. We have a fresh water plumbing leak somewhere in the rear running down the passenger side and dripping along what seems to be a welded steel channel/frame along the outside edge of the rig just under the slides and just inside the luggage compartments.

We have opened all possible cabinets, nooks and crannies along that side of the rig including the hot water heater compartment in the way back and the rear sink cabinet, but can't figure out how to access the fresh water line to find the leak. The lines that we can touch are all dry, but the plywood below is wet in both cabinets.

We got the attached plumbing diagram from American Coach, but it doesn't show access. We can't get a service appointment anywhere in the area until August, so we are trying to DIY. We live in it full time, so we can't just turn off the water. Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated!
FTRV4aYr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2018, 09:53 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Foretravel Owners Club
I have a 2016, 42t bath and a half so pipe routing may be different, the water piping for the half bath runs inside the coach along the passenger side wall, it runs through the bed in a race along the wall, through the full bath wall, under the shower and into the closet, then it crosses through a race to the drivers side of the coach into the washer/dryer then to the wet bay, all piping, both hot and cold are accessible by removing the covers of the race, each one is about 3 foot long and held in place with cross head screws.
mrfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 05:52 AM   #3

Do you have a box on the floor running along the wall?
Old 07-27-2018, 08:10 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfix View Post
I have a 2016, 42t bath and a half so pipe routing may be different, the water piping for the half bath runs inside the coach along the passenger side wall, it runs through the bed in a race along the wall, through the full bath wall, under the shower and into the closet, then it crosses through a race to the drivers side of the coach into the washer/dryer then to the wet bay, all piping, both hot and cold are accessible by removing the covers of the race, each one is about 3 foot long and held in place with cross head screws.
Is your race above or below floor level?
Old 07-27-2018, 08:25 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
Do you have a box on the floor running along the wall?
Unfortunately no box on the floor. If I open the hot water heater cabinet at the far rear of the rig I can see that the pipes run under the tiled floor and toilet, but i can't access them. If I open the rear bath vanity cabinet I get another peek at the pipes, but then they run under the floor again under the bed to the half bath. There is a box behind the half bath toilet, but it has a Corian top that doesn't seem to be accessible. I can't see the pipes anywhere between the vanity cabinets in both baths.

I am constantly disappointed at how inaccessible stuff is on this 2008 rig including the house batteries and generator. It sounds like they solved a lot of my problems in later years.
Old 07-27-2018, 01:30 PM   #6

I have limited access under the bed platform.
Old 07-27-2018, 03:16 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I had a purposely plugged leaking hot water pipe under the rear toilet leaking into main electrical cabinet. No reason for hot water pipe. No access. Dripping on inverter. Took 2 weeks to figure out how to cut an opening large enough for my arms, and get every socket extension I had to tighten the plug.
Then cabinet was still leaking. It is just behind the rear wheels and got wet driving in rain. 3 times ive spent plugging seams.
Old 07-27-2018, 10:25 PM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
Foretravel Owners Club
I have a box that runs from the half bath through the bedroom that's on the floor in the coach. It runs into the closet then a cross the coach. A l l my piping and electrical are in it.
mrfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 10:50 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTRV4aYr View Post
There is a box behind the half bath toilet, but it has a Corian top that doesn't seem to be accessible. I can't see the pipes anywhere between the vanity cabinets in both baths.
In our Bounder, there is a "box" in the bath and the top can be slid forward and removed; it's held on with a couple of clips. So you might give it a tug and see if yours is removable, too. See pics here... http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/acce...nk-202052.html
Old 07-30-2018, 01:46 PM   #10

American Coach Owners Club
We had a similar leak on our 2008 American Eagle. Turns out it was the cold water hose leading to the kitchen sink. From the slide going in and out through the years, it weakened the connection. Access was tough. Had to remove the lower right kitchen drawer, then reach in. If this turns out to be your problem, 1/2" FIP x 36" hose was $9.95 at Ace Hardware.

Sorry, no pictures.
AE Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 10:53 PM   #11

Had a similar leak on my 06 Rev with rear bath. Kept dripping into the luggage area.If you have the electric Tecma toilet in the rear, get on your knees and look around the back of the toilet at the opening in the back of the pedestal part of the toilet. Flush the toilet, after it flushes...when it refills the fresh water into the bowl...see if water is leaking onto the floor. My issue was ...there is a large black hose that looks like a radiator hose from a car that runs down that pedestal. There is a real short stem that sticks out of that rubber hose that was broken and leaking on mine ONLY when the toilet was refilling. The water would trickle through the hole in the floor IN that pedestal and into the luggage area .I removed the four bolts and removed the whole toilet. Replaced the hose that the little stub is attached to. Not a real hard job...The part number of the big hose is 38190. It can be purchased at Fisheries Supply Co. Seattle Washington. www.fisheriessupply.com ph-206-632-4462. Good Luck!
Det57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 08:05 AM   #12

Looks like the shower :(

It's in the shop now and it looks like the hose that splits off from under the rear sink to feed the shower on the other side of the rig. They are investigating, but probably need to either remove the shower or damage the wood paneling in the bedroom for access.

Ah the joys of the RV life!

Tags
plumbing, revolution