RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2015, 05:24 PM   #1

2009 Fleetwood Bounder 38P

Hello all, brand new to irv2, and looking for some advice. I found what appears to be a good deal on the above noted unit. Its in great shape (not perfect...but pretty darn good), brand new rubber all around, and less than 20,000 miles. v10 Ford, wonderful machine, fits us perfectly. Any thing I should be looking for in particular on this unit? Any history of issues. I do see lots of Bounder's on the roads...never owned one (inlaws did for a period of time...they liked theirs), but as I say, just looking for thoughts. Still a lot of money to shell out...thanks for your time.
OktsCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2015, 07:29 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by OktsCamp View Post
Hello all, brand new to irv2, and looking for some advice. I found what appears to be a good deal on the above noted unit. Its in great shape (not perfect...but pretty darn good), brand new rubber all around, and less than 20,000 miles. v10 Ford, wonderful machine, fits us perfectly. Any thing I should be looking for in particular on this unit? Any history of issues. I do see lots of Bounder's on the roads...never owned one (inlaws did for a period of time...they liked theirs), but as I say, just looking for thoughts. Still a lot of money to shell out...thanks for your time.
Welcome to the forum.
Nice coach. Like you said "Still a lot of money to shell out..."
I would have someone check it out if you don't have enough knowledge. Take it for a good test drive, check all the systems, run the generator under load. Have any problems fixed before you give them your money.
Bill
WILDEBILL308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 02:19 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
why new tires?
Old 02-07-2015, 10:59 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt_1111 View Post
why new tires?
Good question are they new by the date code or just look new?
Bill
Old 02-07-2015, 12:56 PM   #5

They were new by date code, I only assumed that the previous owner changed them due to then being 5/6 years old, but I will continue my research accordingly.
Old 02-07-2015, 04:06 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Good that you know to look at the date codes. Some when getting a coach ready to sell will put new tiers on to facilitate the sale. Some want to cover up the uneven wear of the tread.
It is always good to get the sever ice records with a coach.
Bill
Old 02-07-2015, 04:18 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDEBILL308 View Post
Good that you know to look at the date codes. Some when getting a coach ready to sell will put new tiers on to facilitate the sale. Some want to cover up the uneven wear of the tread.
It is always good to get the sever ice records with a coach.
Bill
Thanks Bill...what are "sever ice records", never heard that term before.
Old 02-07-2015, 11:41 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
service records
Old 02-08-2015, 09:14 AM   #9

We have a Bounder 38v and really like it. Ours is Diesel. 38 feet is a lot to haul with a gasser so do not expect to fly up the hills. We also had a 36 foot gasser for a few years and it was loud and slow on the mountain roads. I would have to shut off the air conditioning going up some hills for lack of power. But I still enjoyed the coach. You need to be able to fix your own stuff or you will go broke. You could also join a Good Sams or FMCA camping group and get lots of information and help.

Once you get hooked on the RV travel style you will not want to go any other way.
Old 02-08-2015, 11:12 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by OktsCamp View Post
Thanks Bill...what are "sever ice records", never heard that term before.
You will have to take that up with the spell check gods.

Bill
Old 02-08-2015, 12:10 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcurt23 View Post
We have a Bounder 38v and really like it. Ours is Diesel. 38 feet is a lot to haul with a gasser so do not expect to fly up the hills. We also had a 36 foot gasser for a few years and it was loud and slow on the mountain roads. I would have to shut off the air conditioning going up some hills for lack of power. But I still enjoyed the coach. You need to be able to fix your own stuff or you will go broke. You could also join a Good Sams or FMCA camping group and get lots of information and help.

Once you get hooked on the RV travel style you will not want to go any other way.
Thanks for the tips. We have owned trailers, 5th wheels and another Class A for many many years. I hear ya in that you need to be able to fix stuff on your own. I can certainly tackle a few of the items, but not all. Thankfully I have a very knowledgeable and very handy FIL.
Old 02-08-2015, 12:11 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDEBILL308 View Post
You will have to take that up with the spell check gods.

Bill
haha, yes I guess so. In all honesty, I thought that is what you meant, but then I thought...who knows..maybe there are some mysterious RV records out there I had never heard of before. Thanks for your help Bill.

Tags
bounder, fleetwood