Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2021, 09:59 AM   #1

American Coach Owners Club
2010 American Eagle control buttons on dinette side don't work

Problem started about two weeks ago when none of the blinds or shades on the dinette side of the coach would raise or lower when the skide was out. Worked ok when the slide was in. Blinds and shades on galley side worked ok. Note: all buttons lit up blue, just the galley side didn't work. Fast forward a few days. Now none of the blinds work whether the slide is in or out. Buttons still light up, just no movement of blinds or shades on either side. Ceiling lights still work. Fast forward a few more days. Now nothing works from the dinette side buttons. Non of them light up, except for the entry Ceiling lite which lights when the entry lights are on, but doesn't work when you depress the button.
Thinking it is a broken wire, i got into the basement and dropped the wood panel under the wire bundle. Sheesh! If it's a broken wire in there, probably time to go to Coburg.
Any thoughts or ideas before I have to tear the whole underside out?
CompuGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2021, 06:27 PM   #2

Try killing all 12 volt power to the coach, wait 30 seconds
And power it back. Sometimes this reboot
Takes care of it.
Old 08-19-2021, 09:33 AM   #3

Aftrer resetting your 12 volts and>>>>>>>>>>
If you have a switch plate in your water bay, remove it, pull the plugs out and clean them with contact cleaner. Do the same for the dinette switch plate.

These plates are daisy chained together. Most commonly it is moisture in the water bay.

Also failing house batteries and low voltage can cause similar problems.
Old 08-22-2021, 07:37 PM   #4

Thumbs up Problem fixed!

AirBoss68, you were right on with the water bay panel being the problem. The fix was a little more intense than spraying contact cleaner though. Seems water had gotten into the wires on one of the RJ-12 connectors and corroded it through. I had to wait until I got home this afternoon where I had the connectors and tools to repair it. But, you were right on with your assessment!!! Thank you so much! I had visions of the problem being a broken common ground in the cable bundle that moves with the slide and I wasn't looking forward to repairing it.
My question is this. How did you know that the water bay control panel was the problem? Do you have the wiring diagrams for the Eagle coaches?
Do you know where I can get my hands on a set of schematics, wiring diagrams, etc. for my coach?
I worked in computers for years and without the schematics to troubleshoot issues, we were up the proverbial creek without a paddle.
I went through every scrap of paper that the dealer (North Trail RV) provided to me and nowhere is there anything even remotely resembling a wiring diagram.
Do you know where the junction point is for the cables from the slide control panels and the wet bay panel?
This has really opened up a ton of questions for me, most of which could be resolved with a wiring diagram listing wire numbers along with how the wires are run and the locations of the junction/control boxes.
Probably wishful thinking.....
Again, Thank you AirBoss68 for your assistance in isolating this problem. It has most likely saved me a ton of money at the repair shop....
Bill
CompuGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 08:02 PM   #5

Glad you got it fixed.

The answer to all of your questions is Here>>>>>>>>
https://www.askrvdebbie.com/

"Just call Debbie"

She was/is an invaluable asset since the day I got this coach. Best investment I have ever made.

Debbie spent a lot of years building these coaches, and a lot of years on the answer desk at American Coach.