Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2015, 05:04 PM   #1

2011 Bounder TV Removal Procedures?

How do I pull the 32" Sony flatscreen from its bracket in the front of my 35H? It's a factory install so there should have been no modifications. Thanks.
tonyscarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2015, 08:51 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
I asked the factory for the procedure to remove the midship TV; would imagine the front TV is similar. They basically said, pry up the moulding around the opening, that will expose the mounting screws in the bracket. Unscrew from the bottom up, and that's it.

rm
rmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:33 AM   #3

Front TV is not hung in a similar fashion. On the back of the TV is a mounting plate attach with 4 screws or bolts. The plate has 4 studs sticking out which mount through holes in the cabinet face and washers and nuts hold the TV in place. Not sure about yours being the same, but, you reach those nuts inside the cabinet through access holes inside the cabinets adjacent to the TV cabinet. The cabinet on the right is the easiest to use because there is usually less equipment if any in that cabinet. One person holds the TV from falling while the other reaches in with a socket and ratchet set. After removal you can disconnect the wires.

This is what you might find. The mounting plate studs slide through panel. The tape you see is from my removal of the TV and reinstallation. It was mounted crookedly at the factory. The tape made it easier to mark the new hole locations. This is a 2014 33c method of hanging the front TV. I'm thinking yours is similar.

VIEW BEHIND THE TV

WOODYDEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 01:19 PM   #4

Woodydel - Exactly my situation, crooked from the factory enough to draw my eye to it every time. I got as far as finding the bolts through the access holes last night. I have help coming tonight to hold the TV while I remove the bolts. It looks like I can remove the power, RCA cables and coax prior to removing the bolts, making it a bit easier for my friend to pull the TV out of the way. Thanks for the guidance.
tonyscarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 03:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyscarface View Post
Woodydel - Exactly my situation, crooked from the factory enough to draw my eye to it every time. I got as far as finding the bolts through the access holes last night. I have help coming tonight to hold the TV while I remove the bolts. It looks like I can remove the power, RCA cables and coax prior to removing the bolts, making it a bit easier for my friend to pull the TV out of the way. Thanks for the guidance.
Glad to help. Just one bit of advice. Do not use a level when you are marking the holes. Do everything by measurement only off the cabinets and motorhome walls/ceiling.

It is a big deal when you have a good eye and ,it's as you stated, you are drawn to it. Maddening.
WOODYDEL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
removal, bounder