Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2011, 08:18 PM   #1

2011 Revolution Gen Slide Issues

Calling all 2011 AC Revolution Owners...we have issues with our generator power slide. The slide is the lowest point on the front end and has broken twice. It "bottoms out"...has anyone else had this issue? We have had it replaced twice.
Jgehrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2011, 10:30 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Another owner had an issue with the bracket that connected the power ram to the front structure, it hung too low. Turned out to be the wrong bracket, or installed wrong, I don't remember which. Could this be your problem?
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:59 PM   #3

I'm not sure. We have check the ride height with Spartan. It's a bad design really. Look at yours. It's the lowest point of the whole coach from a front end view. I bet it will become a recall issue. It's snapped twice and we only have 3000 miles on it.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:24 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
What clearance are we talking about here? I know the connection point on ours is very low at normal ride height, havn't measured it but will do so and post it here. Sitting in the drive waiting to take off for the weekend.
RonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:59 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
OK, here it is, 8 1/4 in from ground (concrete) to the lowest point where the rod connects to the mounting bracket. Also, upon looking at it, mine does have scrape marks, so I'm sure it has contacted the ground at some point in our travels.
RonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:00 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
I know we scraped ours once, pulling out of a questionable camp site.
2024 Ford Expedition
Old 10-24-2011, 10:36 AM   #7

Just returned from Utah. Had the bracket redone raising it up 6". No more bottoming out.

Now we have O ring issues. Both back tires have O ring failures with oil leaking from the wheels. Tag and main axle!! :((
Old 10-24-2011, 04:31 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalRev11 View Post
Just returned from Utah. Had the bracket redone raising it up 6". No more bottoming out.

Now we have O ring issues. Both back tires have O ring failures with oil leaking from the wheels. Tag and main axle!! :((
The right tag axle seal on ours was replaced a couple months ago. The left side is now leaking and that's just one of the items on my list for the techs here at the American Coach service center. The tech that replaced the right side told me the bolts were not torqued down properly.

Today was the coach's first day in the shop. I'm hoping I won't be here more than just this week. The coach has to be ready to go into the shop at 5AM my time (Decatur is on eastern time, I'm still on central time ) and then I have to find someplace for me and the dogs to be for the next 10 hours. They're working 10 hour days right now. The 'campground' was packed last night and it emptied into the shop this morning.
2024 Ford Expedition

Tags
slide