Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-16-2014, 04:49 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
2011 Revolution questions

Looking at a 2011 Revolution 42T and dont know much about the product line. Would like to hear from anyone that has or had this year or similiar rv. Things such as likes and dislikes, riding quality, problems with the unit, etc. Any information would be great. Thanks
Newmar 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2014, 05:59 PM   #2

Without starting a manufacture war there's nothing wrong with the rev the ride is great.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:56 PM   #3

I really like my 14 rev 42T. Have had some workmanship issues, but nothing major. It's a well thought out coach.
Nubulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 05:09 AM   #4

We have had two Revolutions and both were preowned when we purchased with some issues but overall quality built.
Catch14me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:27 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
We bought our '11 new. It's identical to yours except the floor plan.

While we had a year of debugging, not unusual for any brand, since then we've been extremely happy with our choice. It's our first DP, purchased as our "retirement home", and I wanted to do as much as I possibly could to avoid making an expensive mistake that we'd not be able to afford to fix. I did a lot of research, ended up with 4 brands/models on our short list, ultimately resulting in our ordering the Rev.

The '11 will be on the Spartan chassis, seemingly favored by those more experienced than I. It's old enough that someone else has probably gotten the bugs out for you, but new enough that you shouldn't expect any major system issues related to use.

Good luck, and let us know what you end up doing - and post photos!
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:05 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
revolution questions

Thanks for replies. Took unit for test drive and the ride was great however I noticed a lot of rust under coach and therer appears to have been some type of water in basement freash water area. In addition the dealer does not provide any type of warranty except that everything works when you drive off the lot. We will continue our search.
Newmar 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 04:38 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Without knowing exactly where this rust is, it suggests to me that it was driven on roads when road salt was being used.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 04:50 PM   #8

Rust on a 2011, wow. Take a closer look before buying for sure. My advice, find the floorplan you like, then the model that you want then buy exactly that. You may have to travel to get it. If you like the Rev and that floorplan, then get on the internet and find one. Do not be limited by nearby dealer inventory, as a matter of fact many like myself prefer private party transactions (save $$).

Chris
akeyzoo is offline   Reply With Quote